rite so ive bin playing guitar for a while now. like 6 years or summin. and wanted to try my hand at say violin. with my guitar experence do you think i would be able to pick it up really easily. or is it a differnt kettel of fish

what other instruments do you UGers play. share disscuss post pictures of them whatever.

just be nice to one another

ps. i did search
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
Violin is very very hard. You can't just pick it up and play decent-sounding notes like on a guitar. Takes ages to play something nice.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Try playing bass.

It'll feel weird when you switch back and forth between guitar and bass, but hey you could give it a shot!
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by Kanthras
Violin is very very hard. You can't just pick it up and play decent-sounding notes like on a guitar. Takes ages to play something nice.

i played violin in 3rd grade and i was really good but i hated it so i quit at the end of the year. the teacher nearly begged me not to
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I play violin. It is nothing like guitar. Mandolin, banjo, ukelele and bass are the most similar guitar. You could try harp or piano either, which are quite similar.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
It'll feel weird when you switch back and forth between guitar and bass, but hey you could give it a shot!

yeah ive bin playing bass for some time now but its so somilar to guitar i didnt think that counted
Try the ukulele. Then look up a guy called Jake Shimabukuro and use him as an inspiration

yah man hes pretty sick ive seen his while my guitar gently wheeps

guitar looks cooler than a mini one tho :P
Go get an electric sitar

lol like where do you buy an electric sitar
I'm getting a violin soon. Its not going to be easy by any means, but I'm pretty determined to learn it.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
ukuleles are awsome. that or a banjo.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.