Well, i went to a local music shop and tried a bugera 6262 head and its respective 4x12 cab.

I wasnt literally blown away, but the cleans were nice, crunch eh. Presence was good for rhythm lower, but i liked it for leads higher.

I told him about studica, how they had the head for $450; the sales guy seemed shocked, but gave in and agreed to match it.
He said the cab would be 300.

So thats what, $750 total.

However, i dont need a 4x12 and people say the bugera speakers suck. I could get the head and a 2x12 cab, but thatll cost more.
I could always get the combo (which they say more bugera models wont be in til late summer)

If i could convince him to drop the cab to 230 like on studica...
But arent they outta stock and take 3-4 weeks to get in?
I could lay it away at the shop for like... $200. But then im locked into it, yes?

Id also like to try the 333xl. a built in noise gate, niiiice. Which this amp needs...

Since my band doesnt practice a lot and doesnt really gig yet, do i really NEED these?
Just a sidenote: I'm not so sure about the Bugera speakers sucking. I have no personal experience with them, but on the forums somewhere someone said (...kinda vague, yes ) that they're good. Something about them costing 90 dollars a piece but Thomann selling a 412 Behringer cab with 4 of them for like 150 dollars, so people buy them and sell the speakers or something.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Try the amp out some more. If you don't like it that much, save for something you do like. These amps aren't going anywhere, but they seem to be going up in price.

As for the cabinet, I wouldn't buy a cabinet without hearing the speakers first. I'm sure it sounds okay, but a 2X12 Avatar (w/ Vintage 30's) for $400 is a safer bet.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by stigma15
Try the amp out some more. If you don't like it that much, save for something you do like. These amps aren't going anywhere, but they seem to be going up in price.

As for the cabinet, I wouldn't buy a cabinet without hearing the speakers first. I'm sure it sounds okay, but a 2X12 Avatar (w/ Vintage 30's) for $400 is a safer bet.

Well , though the shop guy said 300 for the 4x12, studica says 230 so if i can convince him...

meh its a 4x12, a little big eh
The size wouldn't bother me if it sounded great. To me, the only thing in question is the tonal quality of the speakers.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
whats with all the bugera 6262 threads today? lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
whats with all the bugera 6262 threads today? lol

They've just come in stock all over Europe and America so people want to know what's up (including me).
Wow dude, thanks for introducing me to Studica. I've never heard of them but they have some kick ass prices.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Think its worth the wait for a 333xl?

Though its slightly more expensive, it has the crunch channel as separate... a boost... and a noise gate!

Which the 6262 needs when it goes loud...