What are the seymour Duncan Livewire Dave Mustaine Active Pickup Set like compared to an EMG 81 & 85 active set??

better or worse??
not sure but SD Blackouts>other active pickups
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
worse cause dave mustaine uses them.

/troll
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
do they come with heroin because i heard thats the only reason dav used them
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by damm_punks
not sure but SD Blackouts>other active pickups

Which of your guitars has the AHB Blackouts in it?

None?
So you've never heard the pickups?
Really?
Never tried 'em yourself?
And you're saying they're better?

Holy ****. Jump offa that bandwagon, pal.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin

None?
Really?

+1
I've never used the Dave Mustaine set so I can't say.
And don't dis a pickup, because you never used it.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by truespin

None?
Really?

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but can't people play guitars that they don't own? Just because he may not have them doesn't mean hes never used them. So how about you jump off of your high horse because he may not be on the bandwagon.
Quote by Rstar129
What are the seymour Duncan Livewire Dave Mustaine Active Pickup Set like compared to an EMG 81 & 85 active set??

better or worse??

Having tried some myself, I have to say I was quite impressed. They had a nice tone, clean and distorted. They are a good alternative to the EMGs if you want a little less power but a little more tone. But having tried the Blackouts also, they give you tone and power.
Be cool.
Quote by rancidryan
do they come with heroin because i heard thats the only reason dav used them

hahaha, thats hilarious

anyways, i got a set of EMG 81s and 85, and they are ok. pretty one-sided pups though. not amazing clean sound. but i have HEARD(i have not played) that the SD livewires are very versatile and have less output then EMGs do. ive never even seen a guitar with the livewires in them, but im very interested in actually hearing the sound.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
I have the Mustaine Livewire pickups. Best actives on the market right now. It's much like a hot-rodded JB/Jazz set. It rips. Totally recommend them.

Rock on & Get'cha pull!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I tried the Mustaine sig, they were really high output. They sound similar to the EMG 81/85. You'll have to try both to see for yourself. There's a bit of difference, I can't really describe it.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
they sound like a JB/Jazz setup on steroids, my uncle has a king V with some in it, pretty good sound in my opinion, i'll keep my passive's though.
ive used both emgs and the dm set, and to tell you the truth, theres no huge difference. both are clear, sound awesome to me, and yea.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by punk_rocker101
ive used both emgs and the dm set, and to tell you the truth, theres no huge difference. both are clear, sound awesome to me, and yea.

No huge difference? Maybe not, but that's pretty much like all pickups. There aren't HUGE differences in pickups, but there's enough of one that I can tell the difference between Livewires and EMGs. You'd have to be very ignorant to miss it!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
go passive?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by C-RIS15
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but can't people play guitars that they don't own? Just because he may not have them doesn't mean hes never used them. So how about you jump off of your high horse because he may not be on the bandwagon.

It just annoys the crap out of me that everyone says SD Blackouts are so much better than EMGs, but no one has tried them.
I'm not saying that they aren't better, I've never played a guitar with Blackouts so I don't know myself.
I just don't like people who don't know talking about things they don't know about.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H