Would having some of your original songs based closely on riffs or chords or ideas that another band has used, but discarded considered plagiarism?
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Never hurt Led Zep did it?
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
1, 4, 5, my friend. 1, 4, 5.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
it happens all the time in music......i can think of tons of songs using D, A, G.......it's a personal thing
well i wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as you dont replicate the ideas you should be fine.

everyone uses everyone elses ideas and makes it their own, it's just the way it is.
Ever hear of 1-4-5? like very blues artist has used this pattern, in either D, A, C, or G

and well they all put they're own guitar like touch to it.

But a VERY generic pattern.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Not really. I personally think The Pretender (by Foo Fighters) is based heavily on Stairway lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
1 4 5? PAH!

I prefer 6 2 7, what a cadence!
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Quote by aleb
1 4 5? PAH!

I prefer 6 2 7, what a cadence!

lol
1 4 5 is boring
what about
7 3 5 never tested it...
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Some of the greatest ideas out there are re-interpretations or continuations of someone else's work. Applies to most things (music, invention, business, etc).

They call it evolution.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
No.

Find me a song where the chords haven't been used at least 3 times before in that order recent history and i'll pay for your ticket her so you can kick my arse.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
USe the exact same chords. It's the melodies and arrangement of the song that makes it unique. Songs can have similar melodies, but if they're arranged differently and have a different feel, I wouldn't call it a theft.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Nah its not wrong, everyone bloody does it. Oasis do it all the ****ing time.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.