Hello,

I've been playing the guitar for over a year now, currently I have a cheap epiphone les paul and a marshall mg amp and i'm looking into getting both a new guitar/amp and i'm not sure exactly where to start - all I know is I'm sick of the sound of what I have at the moment .

I'll mainly be playing metal stuff such as bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Bullet for my valentine, some classic rock too like guns 'n' roses.. I'd also like a combination of guitar/amp that'll still be able to handle clean sounds and what not..

So far I've looked at a few guitars, I quite like the BC Rich Warbeast WMD I heard the new BC rich's were actually pretty good? Any advice on amp/guitar combinations would be much appreciated . I've got about £600 to spend, £700 at a stretch..

Thanks for your help guys!
spend all your money on an amp, not sure what that is in US but I would save up for a marshall combo, a JCM and then work on saving for a guitar. you'll be much happier with a sweet amp and same guitar then a new moderate amp and a new guitar
What I can say about BC Rich... I have a NJ Classic Bich that I love, outstanding guitar for the price ! (one piece tilt neck, bound ebony fingerboard, 24 frets, mahogany body...). I might change the pickups if I have enough cash soon...

About your guitar... Are you happy with your Epiphone or it really impedes your playing ? A friend of mine hot-rodded his with new electronics & hardware instead of buying another guitar and the results are astonishing, to say the least. Its like another instrument completely !

And about amps... I don't know much, I still have my MG Marshall
I guess you could go for a high gain Marshall... But there are probably some cheaper and yet better sounding alternatives out there. I guess.

Rock on dudez
Quote by jamiesteward
Hello,

I've been playing the guitar for over a year now, currently I have a cheap epiphone les paul and a marshall mg amp and i'm looking into getting both a new guitar/amp and i'm not sure exactly where to start - all I know is I'm sick of the sound of what I have at the moment .

I'll mainly be playing metal stuff such as bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Bullet for my valentine, some classic rock too like guns 'n' roses.. I'd also like a combination of guitar/amp that'll still be able to handle clean sounds and what not..

So far I've looked at a few guitars, I quite like the BC Rich Warbeast WMD I heard the new BC rich's were actually pretty good? Any advice on amp/guitar combinations would be much appreciated . I've got about £600 to spend, £700 at a stretch..

Thanks for your help guys!

What kind of epi LP is it, standard? If its a standard or better, just save all your money and spend it on a really nice tube amp. What kind of tube amp depends on you're preference. I'd probably just change the tuners on the Les Paul seeing as that is one of the major flaws on it, IMO. Otherwise it's a pretty good guitar(Talking about the standards or better).
Quote by sowhat360
spend all your money on an amp, not sure what that is in US but I would save up for a marshall combo, a JCM and then work on saving for a guitar. you'll be much happier with a sweet amp and same guitar then a new moderate amp and a new guitar

+1
Get a good amp and mod your Epi. That's the best thing you can do.
...Or sell your guitar to buy another one.
yah you dont need a new guitar its fine the way it is
all you need really is a pickup change
first buy a new amp
then play your guitar through it and if you still dont like the sound then go ahead and buy new pickups
epi stocks are bad on the clean channel but there preaty good on the dirty ****
even so i advice you get new pick ups

and on BC rictches ill just give you my bias view on them
i dont like them
because they look ugly and i just dont touch them

i know its stupid and bias but that the main reason i dont like them
so ive never even touched one
i wouldnt feel comfortable playing a guitar that i think is ugly
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 26, 2008,
yah i would take a look at the JVM's
i think they were really simple to use and they sounded so nice jsut by themselves
i didnt think there was anthing wrong with it

nevermind i think its to expensive

i dont know how much that translates in dollars whatever $ you have

but if you know please tell meot any one else for taht matter

maybe if you get a used head and a cheap cab and upgrade later
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 26, 2008,
...Maybe you could find an old Marshall Valvestate in the classified ads where you live. The older models are pretty good !

Do you have a pic of your Epiphone ?
Here's a pic of my Bich while I wait
Quote by purple tiger
and on BC rictches ill just give you my bias view on them
i dont like them
because they look ugly and i just dont touch them

i know its stupid and bias but that the main reason i dont like them
so ive never even touched one
i wouldnt feel comfortable playing a guitar that i think is ugly

lol... I understand your point of view
Most of their models are aimed at a very specific market... The only models that I really like are the Bich (the one I own), the Mockinbird and at last, the Warlock (but that's the limit).

...What guitars do you like/own ?
i have a LES PAUL black beauty epiphone not GIBSON
and a shecter C-1 classic but if you like a guitar and you think its beautiful and you like how it sounds then cool everyone has got diffrent taste