Poll: Do you think fur trade is necessary?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think fur trade is necessary?
Yes
23 33%
No
46 67%
Voters: 69.
Page 1 of 2
Ok I know we need animals for food and all and testing rats and stuff to make medical progression, but using animals for fur just sickens me. This is the goddamn 21st century, not the 1200s. So I was wondering if you guys think the fur industry is necessary AT ALL. And if so, please explain why causing unreal amounts of suffering is necessary when we can get cotton, which does not suffer at all.
I've got some fur if anyone's interested.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It's not necessary but I don't object to it, if the killing/trapping is done in a humane way.

And many animals are farmed for their fur. They wouldn't exist at all if the fur trade didn't require it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
It's not necessary but I don't object to it, if the killing/trapping is done in a humane way.

Yes I would not be very much against it if it was that way as well. But when you have to kill things on a large scale, there is no humane way. How can trapping be humane unless the animals are instantly killed?

And many animals are farmed for their fur. They wouldn't exist at all if the fur trade didn't require it

I would much rather not exist at all.
Quote by Kensai
I've got some fur if anyone's interested.

How much? olololol
It's not a necessity. I do think, however, that the animal caretakers should take better care of the animals and use more than the meat. As far as I know, they take the meat and pitch the carcass. They should take the way of the Native Americans and use every part of the animal.
I wouldn't say anything is technically a necessity.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by ctb
How much? olololol

5 fur pieces. I trade for gems and gold only.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by johnpetrucci05
Ok I know we need animals for food and all and testing rats and stuff to make medical progression, but using animals for fur just sickens me. This is the goddamn 21st century, not the 1200s. So I was wondering if you guys think the fur industry is necessary AT ALL. And if so, please explain why causing unreal amounts of suffering is necessary when we can get cotton, which does not suffer at all.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Faux fur exists, therefore killing an animal for it is unnecessary, and therefore immoral IMO.
Quote by Meths

And many animals are farmed for their fur. They wouldn't exist at all if the fur trade didn't require it.

+1
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by RPGoof
It's not a necessity. I do think, however, that the animal caretakers should take better care of the animals and use more than the meat. As far as I know, they take the meat and pitch the carcass. They should take the way of the Native Americans and use every part of the animal.

would you eat the testicles of the animal in question?
if not then you're a hippo crate. (xD i know its not hippo crate, but that amused me xD)
uh, after they kill the animal, take its meat, etc it would be wasteful not to use the skin too, so i put yes, but killing animals just for fur is not necessary at all
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Quote by rancidryan

Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Kensai

I give you my daughter. It all I have left in house.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
Yes I would not be very much against it if it was that way as well. But when you have to kill things on a large scale, there is no humane way. How can trapping be humane unless the animals are instantly killed?

Maybe they should be instantly killed? Or farmed.

Quote by johnpetrucci05
I would much rather not exist at all.

What, than a comfortable life with plenty of food?

Assuming that was the treatment they got, which is what they should get.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Aramis
Faux fur exists, therefore killing an animal for it is unnecessary, and therefore immoral IMO.

Killing an animal isn't even unnecessary to me. However I just find skinning animals alive and **** to be insane.
i believe it really depends on how the fur was procured, i hunt and sell the fur on my harvests, but you also need to look into the political obligations, ie snake skins, in bornio they harves a lot of blood python skins for export, but the company is legally required to breed and re-stock the enviroment each year so not to un-balance the eco system. as far as the humanity in the process i bileve the quicker the better. do not ever let any animal suffer needlessly.
Quote by FloyDZeD

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Meths
Maybe they should be instantly killed? Or farmed.

What, than a comfortable life with plenty of food?

Assuming that was the treatment they got, which is what they should get.

You weren't complaining when you didn't exist, and no one else was either. Time began for you when you were born so I don't see how just allowing their existence is somehow increasing their welfare. And the lives most of them get is birth, raised in a tiny cage, skinned.
Quote by themntl1
i believe it really depends on how the fur was procured, i hunt and sell the fur on my harvests, but you also need to look into the political obligations, ie snake skins, in bornio they harves a lot of blood python skins for export, but the company is legally required to breed and re-stock the enviroment each year so not to un-balance the eco system. as far as the humanity in the process i bileve the quicker the better. do not ever let any animal suffer needlessly.

I don't have a problem too much with that because you are hunting the animals and it isn't an industry. The animals are killed before being skinned and are used for other reasons besides fur.
Quote by Bennetts_strat
Hey, if you're going to use the meat, why let the fur go to waste?

Once again, no problem with that. I am talking the fur INDUSTRY. Where animals like dogs, cats, racoons, foxes and **** are raised in captivity or stolen then skinned.
I agree with the leather business, because the cows aren't killed specially for it. They are killed for food, and their skin is used for that too.
However, I'm against furs if the animal is killed specially for the fur.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by johnpetrucci05
You weren't complaining when you didn't exist, and no one else was either. Time began for you when you were born so I don't see how just allowing their existence is somehow increasing their welfare. And the lives most of them get is birth, raised in a tiny cage, skinned.

I'm going to say the same thing I do in every one of these nonsense threads.

Animals don't even know that they exist while they are alive. Period.

Also, how do you feel about domestic animals as pets then?
I own a mink fur blanket, a sheepskin carpet, and a bobcat fur. I fully support the fur industry, and I despise the pro-animal rights activists.

While I am against extreme animal violence, I assume that the fur industry kills in the same brutality as the cattle industry, that is to say, not much at all.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
I own a mink fur blanket, a sheepskin carpet, and a bobcat fur. I fully support the fur industry, and I despise the pro-animal rights activists.

While I am against extreme animal violence, I assume that the fur industry kills in the same brutality as the cattle industry, that is to say, not much at all.

the poster of this thread just got told
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by johnpetrucci05

It's better than nothing. Assuming it's done humanely, I have no problems with it and nor should anybody else.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by denizenz
I'm going to say the same thing I do in every one of these nonsense threads.

Animals don't even know that they exist while they are alive. Period.

Also, how do you feel about domestic animals as pets then?

It doesn't matter, they still have a thing we call the nervous system. I think having birds, rats, etc as pets is unnecessary, but not as much as fur. The ones I have are raised in the house.
When I first read this thread title, I thought it was a pun on 'Fur Elise' by Beethoven...

and that you had something FOR trade.
Quote by kranoscorp

No, my dad worked in a cow factory. The one he was at, they have a machine that pops it on the head really hard, knocking it out, then they cut it's neck, so it essentially dies in its sleep. That is nothing compared to the fur industry there is always the chance that the animal is alive while being skinned. I don't know about you but I would much rather be alive and have my throat slit.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
No, my dad worked in a cow factory. The one he was at, they have a machine that pops it on the head really hard, knocking it out, then they cut it's neck, so it essentially dies in its sleep. That is nothing compared to the fur industry there is always the chance that the animal is alive while being skinned. I don't know about you but I would much rather be alive and have my throat slit.

What is the chance of that? Are you telling me that a man that has skinned over 300 animals is going to mess up and skin so many live animals by accident that it brings so much attention to the industry?

I bet that the chance of your argument actually happening is very little. A 1 out of a 100 chance to suffer is not one that I care about.

OH. And here is a shout-out to all the people that might want to throw red paint on my future wife.

If you do this.

I will kill you.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
What is the chance of that? Are you telling me that a man that has skinned over 300 animals is going to mess up and skin so many live animals by accident that it brings so much attention to the industry?

I bet that the chance of your argument actually happening is very little. A 1 out of a 100 chance to suffer is not one that I care about.

OH. And here is a shout-out to all the people that might want to throw red paint on my future wife.

If you do this.

I will kill you.

I still want to know why exactly you like fur so much. Does it make you feel big and bad that an animal was killed? Or what? Yes it is completely unnecessary as far as an "industry" goes, as the only difference between cotton clothes and fur clothes is that tons of suffering went into the making of the fur clothes.

And do some research before you make uninformed statistics up. Just type in "fur china" or something like that on youtube then explain to me how it is humane at all. You can't even be sure if it came from a dog or a cat or not.
Last edited by johnpetrucci05 at Feb 26, 2008,
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I still want to know why exactly you like fur so much. Does it make you feel big and bad that an animal was killed? Or what? Yes it is completely unnecessary as far as an "industry" goes, as the only difference between cotton clothes and fur clothes is that tons of suffering went into the making of the fur clothes.

I find that fur provides more comfort than other textures. It is always soft, and some coats are beautiful.

And you are telling me that I jack off to animal cruelty? That is pretty harsh, don't do it again.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Im against the fur trade and anything that uses a life form as product including the consumption of animals. As for killing the animal in a humane manner goes I think that is complete B.S seeing as killing of any kind is an inhumane action.
Well, you don't seem to object to the leather industry, so objection to the fur industry would be rather stupid. When an animal is killed, it is only best to make as much use for the carcass as possible; rabbits and deer, for example, they have tasty flesh and great fur. That's not cruel that's just an economical use of meat.

I don't have anything against animals farmed for fur, either. Minks, they make great hats and coats, and as it happens they are a danger to Britain's wildlife and actually rather horrible animals. Since the hippies have shut down the fur farms in Britain, thousands of mink - which are in fact, vermin - have been released. They are animals from Russia and dominate the wild. Since the hippies have made hunting illegal, we can't get rid of them, so our forests are ridden with the fuckers. Face it, fur saves our wildlife.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I've got some Canadian beaver in my room right now.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Kensai

I need those for a quest, urgently. Here, I'll trade you this cut diamond.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Page 1 of 2