Hey there

Im in the market for a new amp, and i came across this on kijiji

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Marshall-JCM800-Guitar-Amp-W0QQAdIdZ39544797

is it worth the money? i've heard good things about the jcm800's, but some of the reviews i've read make it sound terrible

i play metal, and need an amp for small to medium size gigs - would this work for me?
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Last edited by Retardwitguitar at Feb 26, 2008,
If you're just playing metal, it should be perfect for you. Don't expect much clean tone, but the OD is rather good.
i do play a bit of hard rock stuff, but not on stage, so thats no big deal

is it worth getting the jackhammer with it?

edit: the other guitarist in my band has a 5150. will this be able to keep up?
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Last edited by Retardwitguitar at Feb 26, 2008,
bump

and, will the on board OD be enough to get me into thrash/death metal territory?
or will i need a pedal to get that much gain?
Quote by Kensai

I think, get a tubescreamer and that, and you should be able to get metal tones without killing your ears.
I've also heard that OD's generally tighten up the sound a little to, so that would be useful.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The 800 won't have enough for most modern metal stuff. You'll need to add an OD pedal to it, but it's basically *the amp* for Thrash. You won't get Death without an OD though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The 800 won't have enough for most modern metal stuff. You'll need to add an OD pedal to it, but it's basically *the amp* for Thrash. You won't get Death without an OD though.

+1
thanks for the help

Do you think i should try to talk the guy down to $350?

also, any suggestions on OD pedals? I was thinking the BBE greenscreamer might work
Quote by Kensai