I don't know which of these guitars I should get if I get http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-KVX10-X-King-V-Electric-Guitar-512235-i1147621.gc I can afford to get some EMGs put in.

But this seems to be better but I'd have to wait a little while for the EMGs http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar-103640355-i1147609.gc

I'm also getting a new amp so please don't say to get an amp instead of a guitar
the RR3 would be far superior. The Pro series are great, but anything cheaper than that leans to the suck side...

And while you wait for EMG's, the stock pickups are still pretty good.
Pro ftw better build quility, better trem
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
the LFR is better on the RR3 model. its way better quality as well, and you shouldn't even want to put EMGs in that thing. the duncans rock, way more versatility.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
the RR3 is the better choice.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
thanks for the input and as far as the trem goes I'm gonna have a family friend put in a OFR if he can. He works with a lot of bands and one of the guitarists put one on his soloist.
The RR3. You probably wouldn't want 2 EMGs in there. the neck pickup is decent already, but I'd definitely switch out the bridge pickup for an 81.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
The RR3. You probably wouldn't want 2 EMGs in there. the neck pickup is decent already, but I'd definitely switch out the bridge pickup for an 81.

I've heard You can't mix actives and passives and still have the guitar work.
BTW if you want EMG's Look at the MG (no not the marshall amps) series, they come with emg's stock.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I've heard You can't mix actives and passives and still have the guitar work.

Actually, you can, but it requires some odd wiring.

They can be in the same guitar, as long as they're never in the same circuit together, because they have huge impedance differences.

Each would need its own set of volume and tone controls, plus you can't have both on at the same time.

I'd just stick with passives. I'm used to them. Plus, I don't have to worry about batteries.
Quote by sashki
Actually, you can, but it requires some odd wiring.

They can be in the same guitar, as long as they're never in the same circuit together, because they have huge impedance differences.

Each would need its own set of volume and tone controls, plus you can't have both on at the same time.

I'd just stick with passives. I'm used to them. Plus, I don't have to worry about batteries.

MY POINT: it would be much less of a hassle to just buy a guitar with actives stock.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.