is there anyway to do this?
OR, how the hell do you synthesize vocals in the first place?

is it at all possible to run your mic through a keyboard/synthesizer, and do it that way, by pressing keys?

HOW DO THEY DO IT?
for example, pretty much anything by Daft Punk.
namely Harder Better Faster Stronger
or Digital Love.

sorry if it;s the wrong place...
any help would be appreciated
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
Sometimes it's a talk box. That creates more of a robot voice, like on Daft Punk stuff. I'm not sure what they use, but it sounds like a keyboard through a talk box.

Sometimes, it's just intelligent pitch shifters, probably also controlled by keyboards. That's how talentless singers stay in tune.

I've heard the term "auto-tune", but I dunno what that is. I imagine it's also used for the previously mentioned purpose.

A talkbox is basically a box with a small speaker in it, and a rubber tube taht goes in your mouth. The keyboard sends a signal to it, and the speaker produces the pitch, but you shape the tone with your mouth, and make it sound like spoken words.
A vocal effects pedal......
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
It's called a vocoder.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Speech synthesis, and a vocoder. Not that difficult to get hold of software that will do it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yea. Most likely a talk box.
Some people use a vocoder too.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
Hmm, do Daft Punk actually do vocals live? I was under the impression they just mixed live...

Anyways, I'm sure you can run your mic through an effects processor?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Vocoder.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
Quote by sashki
That's how talentless singers stay in tune.

haha
that's exactly what i'm trying to do here.

so...
a a keyboard through a talkbox
OR
a vocoder?

ill try and find these things.
ive always wanted a talkbox anyway.
now i'll have a reason
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
Quote by raise_the_dead
Hmm, do Daft Punk actually do vocals live? I was under the impression they just mixed live...

Shhh...don't shout about it but Daft Punk don't actually do anything live. They mix up a set in the studio and just pretend to do stuff live.
Quote by smb
Shhh...don't shout about it but Daft Punk don't actually do anything live. They mix up a set in the studio and just pretend to do stuff live.

That's weird how it matches up with the guitar synth they play.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
That's weird how it matches up with the guitar synth they play.

Weird how it matches up with the light show, also made in advance.