Page 1 of 2
I'm in high school and im gonna be honest, looks matter way more than they should, and so i wanted to get into shape but didn't really know how so i thought i'd ask how UG members who have lost weight did it. Like i know diet and excercise, but what was your diet like, and your excercise like? Did you do anything special or out of the ordinary? Specifics would be great. And btw, i dont plan on using weight loss pills or other kind of artificial junk. So UGers, how'd you do it?
-Nick
^true
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
I just cut all my excess fat off. Like literally, with a knife.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This is a guitar forum. Other than Dreadnought, we're a bunch of pale, skinny teenagers.

Or fat acne ridden teenagers.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Eat unhealthily small amounts of food in a day. Worked for me, honestly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
This is a guitar forum. Other than Dreadnought, we're a bunch of pale, skinny teenagers.

theres got to be at least one person on here who's lost weight
-Nick
Quote by Unscathed
theres got to be at least one person on here who's lost weight

Well last year I caught a bad flu and I lost 15 pounds.

So go catch a flu.
Hm

I run 10 miles a day, and do 100 curl ups and 50 pushups.

Edit: Then again, I weigh 145lbs and I'm 5'9 : \
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
get sick

dead serious, if you get the flue you can lose 20 pounds easy, i did it, but then, me being the fatass i am, i ate it all back in one sitting at a buffet
I lost 45lbs in two years. Just ate smaller portions without really chaning much of my diet, drank more water, and walked for 45minutes or more a night. Also, I usually drank 2 Tim Horton's Triple Triple's every night while walking. May have been a difference maker, not sure. Other than that, I really didnt make any amazing changes to get there.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
stop eating crap, exercise regurely(sorry if this is spelt wrong brief prolapse of spelling ability).. rinse and repeat
MASSIVE TEXT
less calories, more excercise. im sorry im not specific, but i cant exactly write you a diet plan, as you and i are probably quite different. also, check the body building/general nutrion thread.
im pretty sure there are great websites for things like this but to ask UG is pretty useless. try this marvelous place called google.
whenever you're hungry, two words: CHEWING TOBACCO
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
ummmm coccaine binge always worked for me and theres always making your self puke after eating. But if you really wanna do it the right way i would go to a dieting forum and ask them. Lots of running the secret to loosing wieght is to use more calories than you consume so eat well and excersize and you will run out of calories from your meals and your body will burn of your fat reserves to fuel itself it takes hard work no way around it (well exept coccaine but hey thats expensive) good luck.
this is all stuff i learned in health class: make sur you eat breakfast and spread your meals into small snakcs throughout the day. apparently it increases your metabolism
stuff i would add in is just make sure you run or excercise for at LEAST half of an hour a day and cut back on fats/ oils
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
i dunno. i guess im just fortunate to be as normal as i am. 6'2", 175lbs, dark complexion, but newly bleached spikes :]]
I lost 30 pounds in 3 months by just eating healthy meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and running on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. Losing weight is easy unless you're weak-minded.
i lost about 45 pounds when i was a college freshman. i started by really cutting the calories (i think i was down to about 300 a day, really unhealthy so don't try it) and lost about 25 lbs. then i started eating a little better and doing aerobics (do it for the chicks, man) and lost 20 more lbs. i've kept the weight off for about 2 years.
I thought we were going to talk half the people who post here into not posting anymore

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I lost 40 pounds last year. I gave up eating junk food for lent, you could just doing it for a month. I also did 50 sit ups and 50 push ups before going to bed. I did it for about 2 months, and I lost about 40 pounds. I'm pretty thin now.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya

Speak for yourself.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
i used to be 190 when i was ****in 12...since then i dropped 40lbs in a short amount of time and now am at a healthy weight for mah age. Its willpower bro. I ate 3 meals a day. I didnt snack. I didnt eat to cure boredom. I rarely excercised at first maybe an hour on the treadmill once a week You got to remember that it takes time, there is no quick fix. You gotta work at it. Then when i noticed that i lost 7lbs in a week (WTF?!) i went crazy and stayed home from school JUST to work out. I spent 13 hours just working out. It worked, it ****in worked.

Just keep at it bro.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
eat less ****, get out more.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I lost a good 10-15 pounds over about 3 months by not eating as much and drinking a lot of water when i would get hungry. Also try not to snack after 9ish just drink water if you get hungry.
"This one goes out to the crippled kids its called im still standing" seth putnam
Exercise alot, go to the gym. Jog for an hour, three times a week (ofcourse more if you have the time and will, but don't overdo it in the start). Do situps etc daily, increase gradually.

Don't cut out on food (unless you eat insanely much, and assuming what you eat is somewhat healthy). You do not necessarily want to lose weight, just replace the fat with muscles.

That's atleast what I have started to do. However, I'm still a bit unhealthy (way too much cola, I'm addicted to coffeine )
Don't eat fast food, and don't drink soda. It'll take awhile, but it was the easiest way for me.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
DONT DO THIS

Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
i dont recommend this if you havent trained your self like this before...i did this for wrestling when i needed to lose weight fast

didn't eat much at all. practiced and worked out in full sweats. i lost 8 lb. in 2 days.

if you wanna go a healthier route, eat lots of small meals (fruits, vegetables, a little protein here and there) throughout the day..this keeps your metabolism going at a faster and constant rate. also do interval training mixing sprints in with distance running.

that should help you out.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
I joined the swim team... diet didn't matter much, b/c we burned it all off.
signature here: ________

member # (insert number) of the (insert club name) club
Stop eating junk/fast foods. Drink water and stop drinking pop. Get a daily exercise routine.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
thanks a lot to everyone whos posted so far.

any more suggestions while i eat my last unhealthy meal before losing weight?
-Nick
Page 1 of 2