Hey guys

this is an original recording of my bands song "Snake Eyes" Go Check it out ...
let me know what you think !!!

it was my first experiment with cubase haha !!

im playing all parts in the song (cept the dodgy drum machine beat haha)

check out the bands myspace if you have time...... www.myspace.com/toxikshoxx

Heres the link :-

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Krys+Stryker/music/all/play229661

hope you like !!!! Rock On !!!!!!!!!
Playing's very tight, and for a Cubase 'first attempt' the quality isn't bad either. Loved the Satch-esque whammy noises in the solo too, I get the impression he's one of your main influences...?

I can't really think of much else to add here, except to say that you've laid down a great template but I'd like to hear the track as a full band arrangement, with vocals, live drums, the whole package.
thanks for the feeback man its great to hear that some-one likes it

satch aint really a great influence me...i totally respect the guy and his work though hes a legend !!

my main influence is richie sambora of bon jovi. alot of people knock em cuz they only seem to release love songs haha.....but when they rock out they rock hard !!! sambora (to me anyway) is one of the most under-rated guitarists ever!! .

and with regards to this song being done with live drums etc it might take a while.

the other guys in the band have recently decided that im lead guitarist AND lead vocalist..... no pressure ....
sambora (to me anyway) is one of the most under-rated guitarists ever!!
Funny enough, we spent an hour arguing over this in the pub last week - we decided Sambora gets overlooked because Bon Jovi are treated like a pop band, and epic solos don't go down that well on commercial radio...I reckon Joe Perry is in the same position, to some extent.

Glad to be of service anyway!
The whole mix sounds like there's no treble in it. Did you mic everything, or is some of it recorded directly?

I could barely hear the vocals in there, as well.

I like the guitar riffs, and those came in pretty clearly.

It's a cool song, but I think the mix needs work.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by zeroyon
The whole mix sounds like there's no treble in it. Did you mic everything, or is some of it recorded directly?

I could barely hear the vocals in there, as well.

I like the guitar riffs, and those came in pretty clearly.

It's a cool song, but I think the mix needs work.

Yeah i recorded it all directly into cubase through my zoom 606 (i love this pedal)....im trying to get to grips with this whole cubase stuff lol.

I totally agree with you alot of it needs work...but i thought id just have a play around and see how it came out haha.

thanks for the positive comments and feedback...much appreciated !!
Keep playing with Cubase's features and working on the mixing of track volumes. It will all become second nature over time.

Try adding compression to tracks within cubase, especially vocals... and guitar and bass tracks if they sound kinda 'punchy'. Compression will help tie it all together and level it out. Play with panning a little to the left or right with different guitar tracks, keep your low frequency stuff centered so it hits hard.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music