Which one should I get? I play alot of stuff like: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Keys, Jimi Hendrix, RHCP, Eric Clapton, some indie, and harder stuff like Airbourne, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin. I want a good tube amp, that will last a while, and that will have good cleans, and get a real good dirty, bluey tone like the Black Keys but will be able to get a bit rockin'.

Down here where I live I think there around the same price (V18 might be $10 cheaper, but it dosnt matter) so what should I get?

And yes, this is yet another, what amp thread.

Quote by slidething31
Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
Fenders have the best cleans, I don't know which distortion is better. I'd imagine with an OD pedal the fender would be good.
BJ can get heavy enough for clapton, SRV, and AC/DC. (at least thats all i play from ur preference.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
fender for sure. cleanest blues tone their is.
wait a minute, fez. this isn't like the time you bought a hamster, named it virginity, and then lost it, is it? - kelso on that 70s show
i own a crate v18, and the amp has enough gain to get you the tones you want. however, it may be a bit harsh and rough at the beginning. a tube change and a speaker change would make this a different beast, though.

and imo, i think it would be better to go for the Blues Jr and an OD to get the harder tones than the Crate. the OD and speaker plus tube swap may cancel each other out price-wise, but then the hassles of changing is a bit harder than plugging and tweaking an OD pedal.

the Crate is a great amp in itself, but stock, i feel that the BJr is better.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
How harsh are we talkin here?
Quote by slidething31
^no. they break up differently. at extreme volume. you can't get overdrive at all at bedroom volume. they sound clear and scooped. even when you get overdrive, they aren't smooth.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by biohazardist
How harsh are we talkin here?

i felt that it was quite harsh on the mids.

this thing breaks up early, at around 2.5-ish or 3 on the gain. with the gain over 6 (level at about over noon), i felt it was too compressed and... "hard." couldnt really think of a better term. but this thing has A LOT of gain on top, and i dont think youll need anything over 5-6 (at least thats the case with me) anyway.

it may be better to try both out extensively at varying levels of volume and choose which one feels right for what you want to do.
Jong

Ok cool.

Will the V18 get that nice bluesy tone though like I mentioned earlier?
Quote by slidething31
yes, although you may need a fuzz to get some of the tones from hendrix and the black keys.
Jong