i recently bought Mad Season's Above and i really like it. i found out that mad season had some dudes from the screaming trees in it as well. can anyone recommend me a good album to start off with by The Screaming Trees?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Dust, then work your way back as for me, they get worse. Which is definately not saying the Trees are crap, just that their Epic stuff is a lot better.

This Mark Lanegan fellow mentioned by the fellows above me sung on a few of the Mad Season tracks (That's such a damn good album). With his, pick anything and you've most likely chosen a winner.
thanks for the suggestions guys
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Dust was the first album by them I got, I'd also recommend starting with it.

Sweet Oblivion is probably my favourite though.

You may also know Lanegan as the guy who sings on some QotSA songs (Song For The Dead, Hangin' tree, This Lullaby etc.)
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Dust was the first album by them I got, I'd also recommend starting with it.

Sweet Oblivion is probably my favourite though.

You may also know Lanegan as the guy who sings on some QotSA songs (Song For The Dead, Hangin' tree, This Lullaby etc.)

Not to mention his numerous side-projects.
Thought I'd bump rather than make a new thread...

the legendary unreleased Screaming Trees album is now to be released in August.

Last edited by smb at Jun 22, 2011,
Quote by smb
Thought I'd bump rather than make a new thread...

the legendary unreleased Screaming Trees album is now to be released in August.

Good news. Most of it's been available for years online though. Some good stuff on it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Great news, I've wanted some album art for that album for years!
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
IRISHPUNK!!!

WHERE ARE YOU IRISHPUNK? THIS IS YOUR TIME TO FREAKING SHINE

Anyway, Sweet Oblivion is a good place to start. Then you can either work backwards or go forwards with Dust and then Lanegan's solo career. Great stuff either way.
I love the Trees! I would recommend that anyone looking to get into them should get Dust and Sweet Oblivion first. I think I should post some links!

The reason that Mark Lanegan doesn't move around on stage anymore.

Mark playing "Shadow of the season" at a recent solo gig.

I would also recommend getting all of Marks solo albums if you're getting into them too. I would start with Winding Sheet, Whiskey for the holy Ghost(So much epicness), and Bubblegum. I think that his discography is something that everyone should have in their collection.
Also, I would like to know if anyone has ever found a version of Juarez that doesn't fade out so early. It's one of the coolest ones off of Winding Sheet, and it's a shame that it ends so soon.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Dammit, I will not let this thread die!
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Does your name stand for Search More, Bro? If it doesn't perhaps it should

But seriously, here's a Lanegan thread.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
I'm sorry, I was just messing wit chu guy. The emoticon I used was meant to imply my comment was tongue-in-cheek, but clearly that emoticon's tongue is out of cheek. They really should fix that.

What's that Screaming Tree's song that sounds a lot like Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins? I know the ST song came first, was always one of my favourites.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing