I'm needing suggestions as to what speaker I should upgrade my VK with. I'm afraid it has to be a Celestion (big deal, they're the best anyway ), I'm getting a really good deal on any one I want from a mate of mine.

I'm playing metal, so I want something that'll take the towel off the amp, if you know what i mean, and get it sounding clearer with that sparkle I need. I've been thinking of the V30 and the GT-12T-100. Which of these is best, or is there better?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
I didn't even know they made a 100W version of the G12, but I'd say V30, Peaveys seem to love them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I didn't even know they made a 100W version of the G12, but I'd say V30, Peaveys seem to love them.

It's weird actually...On their website it's got the G12T-75 and nothing else, but on their distributor's (Ipswich) site it has a G12T-100...

So anyway, the V30 is rated 60w, that's safe for a 50w combo right?
My Valveking did not love the Vintage 30, I actually tried the G12T -100 and like it a lot.
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Lynchworm
My Valveking did not love the Vintage 30, I actually tried the G12T -100 and like it a lot.

Interesting.

Well I've not tried a VK with V30s in it, but the 5150, JSX, XXX, etc sound great with them. I did like my 5150 with my G12T-75s though, not too shabby, lots of low-end growl.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I like the G-12s more, but that's just my opinion.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!