View poll results: Should I buy a...?
Guitar
6 33%
Bass
3 17%
Drumset
9 50%
Voters: 18.
Ok, well I really don't know where this should go since it pertains to a lot of different stuff, so if a mod feels the need to move it, be my guest, I just figured I'd post it here since I like the guys in GG&A and don't venture much out of the forum

Anyway, recently I've been looking for a more "shred" guitar, but this has got me thinking. With that much money, I could get tons of other stuff!

So the decision has come down to this...

Guitar: Either an Ibanez S1520 or wait till the S5470 comes out (whenever that is). The S1520 I can get right now used for $700.

Bass: Not sure on what to get, but I figure it'd be useful in recordings, plus I keep getting asked to play bass for bands but I don't want to use their gear cause well, if I break it, I have to pay for it. I really like the feel of the Ibanez Soundgear and Traben basses, so I'll probably end up going with one of those?

Drums: I'd REALLY like a drumset, I've always wanted one and always thought they were awesome. I should've just played drums in the first place. However, if I were to get a drumset, I think my standards might be a bit too high and I might end up spending more than I want, plus with drums it's just as expensive as guitars, I don't think it'd be as bad if I got a bass since I can't tell the difference much in what's good on those and what's not and I'd probably intend to keep it that way

So, if it were you, what would you get and why? Also, if it's the bass or drums, recommend me some?

Oh and I want to keep my spending <$800 if possible, though obviously if I waited for the new Ibanez, it'd be $1300.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Drumset dude. If you have a place to hit a drum set then youre set. I love to jam on my drums.

Plus it keeps your rhythm chops up.
If you're just curious, you can always surf CL for a cheap bass rig, and/or cheap drums. Hell...you could get the used Ibanez for $700, score a $150 cheap ass drum set, and grab a decent bass, and still come in under $1300.
I second drums - great fun and a useful skill for anyone to have! A wihle ago I convinced my spoilt, rich classmate to sell me his brand new 5-piece kit for £25 ($50), and it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
If you're just curious, you can always surf CL for a cheap bass rig, and/or cheap drums. Hell...you could get the used Ibanez for $700, score a $150 cheap ass drum set, and grab a decent bass, and still come in under $1300.

Haha, true true. If I were to buy anything it'd probably be off CL unless I couldn't find a bass I liked (which is possible since all the ones up are crap or really expensive). But, I don't think I could buy a cheap set with the drums, I'd like to, but if I were to get a drumset I'd want a nice one, probably a double bass set with some Sabians or Ziljians.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Just get a drum set. They're a blast to play. Plus if you ever want to play the bass, just borrow a friend's or something. It'll be easier to lug around than a drum set!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Aww, no love for the bass?

What kinda set would you guys suggest?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I would've voted bass if drum set wasn't on that list. You'd be the koolest kid in town with a drum set. that's how it is over here, the place with the drum set is the spot to jam in, because well they are uncommon and hard to transport.
^True, you have a point. Well I guess now I just gotta find something kickass but not extremely expensive! There's actually a lot of nice kits on CL right now that come with cymbals and everything, might have to start doin some calls on some of them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Drums are a great thing to have. My dad has a really nice Tama set in the living room and its awesome because now we can have jam sessions at my place and the only person who needs to bring gear is the bassist. Great for recording as well.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hmm, I think if I manage to score a good set for decently cheap, I could pick up a cheap bass just to fiddle around with, since I really don't know what makes a bass sound good haha. I already have a bass halfstack (my friend left it here like a year ago and has still never came to get it )
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com