as i will be majoring in construction management i will eventually need a good work truck anyways. but what would be a good (american made is preferable, other than toyota) overall truck? gas mileage is an issue also. otherwise i'd just go for a 91 or early 90s F-150.

i want a big truck, not a lightweight pickup. i had a ranger for a year or so and it was great but i want bigger. prolly V-6 engine so it will still have power, but not kill the gas mileage.

i know there are some really experienced truck owners out there so holla out at me, i like havin a good height off the ground too. not lift kit necessarily, but i hate havin small tires on a pickup truck...

as for body style, think of the 80s and early 90s boxier body styles rather the rounded off garbage (i dont care if it's more aerodynamic, it looks goofy).

and just like gibsons and fenders and Jacksons, brands will taste and vary. I know there is dodge, ford, chevy, etc. i just want informed and experienced opinions as i need to know what to look for!!!

http://www.bigblocksix.com/Whittey/85f150front.jpg that's kinda the body style i like
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
is that a diesel? im not goin diesel lol.

im surprised no one else has offered suggestions yet, must be a southern thing
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
wow those vids were beautiful.....
that truck is a BEAST no doubt...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
those vids r so old but its so amazing wat that pickup goes through
Quote by bendystraw
good luck in the war... oh wait Canada. lol.
Quote by Carswell98
I like the name Canada, lets stick with that

then, everybody will think its a joke when someone screams;
"THE CANADIAN ARMY IS ATTACKING!!!!!!"

element of surprise is ensured
whatever you do buy american!!! probably a dodge or ford.

never a toyota. foreign car companies are evil.

(i live in detroit so give me a break)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
i have a 2003 chev silverado, never had any problems with it and the gas mileage is excellent. I get 800km on highway and about 600 in city (I was very surprised when i tested this out). Its a great work truck. REgular cab, long box and 4x4. PLus I put an extra spring in the back so I can carry loads more with it. unfortunately you sound like a Ford fan so this might not be as much use to you.

AS for your comment about not wanting diesel I'm not sure why you wouldn't. I know its more expensive but they are a tougher bu9ild of truck and the engines last longer so if you are looking for an older truck a diesel wouldn't be a bad choice. ANd don't settle for a v6 engine you will regret it. V8 is the only way to go. Hope this helped.
Origanally Posted by Rocko Mummble:
A menage a trois means a threesome??

I always thought it meant eating with two other people...
My buddy bought a '96 F-250 a while back for pretty cheap. It did just fine. It had a V8 and could withstand a fair bit.
get a Dodge Ram or a Chevy Silverado. i've got an '01 ram and it kicks ass. nothing stops that beast. gas milage is about 13-14 mpg, but newer ones are far better, and i also drive in stop-and-go traffic and up a 3 mile dirt hill every day, so my gas milage wouldn't be great anyway.

why don't you want diesel? diesels are more fuel efficient, powerful, reliable, easier to maintain, and sound cooler.

oh and if you want a real TRUCK, stop being an environmentalist and get a V-8 or even a V-12 (Ram 2500 and Silverado 2500 have this option i'm pretty sure). i know a guy who has a V-6 toyota and my crappy little Ford F*ckis can go up steeper hills than that thing. it's absolutely useless.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Try looking for a old dodge with eather a slant six or a 318!!
i have a 89 dodge ram with a 318!!! Its a extremly strong motor and the rear end is really awesome.
I know you said you'd like to stay away from diesel, but my father's '01 Ram 3500 (diesel) is a beast. I'd recommend checking one of 'em out, even if it's not as economical as you may wish.
Ford F-150 year model matters not.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.