hey guys, i have my action pretty low, its at 1.5mm on the Low E and 1mm on the High E, and it puzzles a lot acoustically, but when i plug it into the amp you cant even hear it even on the clean channels at all, not even a bit. Is this somewhat normal?
Lower action means more buzzing if you play harder, it requires a soft touch. Might also be you need new strings if it didn't do this before.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

I was about to post this in the other thread:

"There's actually not enough information here for anyone to say his setup is bad. For one thing, if it feels good to him, it can't be that bad because it's his guitar and he can set it up any way he wants it.

IMO the best way to see if your neck is straight (and if your truss rod is adjusted correctly) is to look down both sides of the neck and see how straight it is. I don't mess around with that fretting the first and last frets and checking in the middle. Keep in mind that it's not supposed to be 100% straight but should have a barely discernible forward bow. "

As for your question here, yes if your action is very low you might get unplugged buzz but if it doesn't come through on the amp and you are satisfied with your sustain you have nothing to worry about.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
well yeah it's normal cuz our pickups are magents and are based on the principle of cutting magnetic fields etc...i wont go into the complicated explanation....lol

but the thing is that when your action is too low your strings die out pretty quick....lesss sustain...u'll probably cant hold a bend for very long...

then again it's how it feels to u i guess...if u like it that low then go for it....
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
it's probably just teh way you hit the string, if theres nothing coming through the amp then you're fine, i have teh same thing on my ibanez
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)