Page 1 of 2
...On the east coast? More specifically, Southeastern Pennsylvania. Even more specifically Philadelphia.

I can find plenty of people who have used Mesa Boogie amps. But, not a store or major retailer. No one.

So, how the hell do people get these things new? Hell, I haven't even found a website where I can just order directly.

Maybe i haven't looked hard enough, because I don't plan on buying a Rectoverb right now... but maybe in a few months. So, when I find someone on Craigslist or ebay who has one used, I know that I can't afford it right now, and by the time I could, it'll be gone.

It's not that it matters that I get one new, but it seems odd that I can't find any of these amps new.

Anybody know why a major amp manufacturer with a great reputation cannot be found in any store in a major city? I must be missing something somewhere, some one want to help me out?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Robbery perhaps? I do believe you can buy different tube amps that sound the same[or better IMO].
I got some good guitars, yo.
did you try the store near the trocadero? they have alot of stuff. and they deal esp, so thats good enough for me.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I'm from mass, and it's damn near impossible to get a mesa boogie amp. I had an easier time getting an Engl amp than I did a mesa... Weird, perhaps it's some sort of conspiracy and mesa boogie never really existed.
Spc. Alex A Colby 182 Sapper Co. ( Boston to Baghdad )
there's nothing wrong with buying used.. especially if it's in good condition. it just saves you money
hug your local pug dealer!
My small little town has a messa boogie dealer..

they seem to be pretty popular with big name artists..

its hard to find them online to.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by Shib
its hard to find them online to.

Because the only way to find them online is used. (craigslist, eBay...etc.)
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
did you try the store near the trocadero? they have alot of stuff. and they deal esp, so thats good enough for me.

8th street music isn't really that great, there amp selection, pretty bad, the guitars alright, id like to see more high end stuff there, all i ever do there is get strings and picks, and test cheap pedals, I may get tubes there but rarley
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Go to Mesa's dealer list via their website.

I did. They told me Guitar Center. I came up with nothing from there.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

I bought mine at a little shop called Atlanta Discount Music. One of the best music stores, IMO. They have so much boutique stuff. They don't really carry any new crappy stuff.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by cody733
there's nothing wrong with buying used.. especially if it's in good condition. it just saves you money

That's true. I agree 100%. But, if you buy used online you take a few risks.
Quote by Article

my guitar center stock a whole wall/corner dealy of them... thats how i discovered i hate the rectos but dig the stilletto, mark, and express series
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Some Guitar Centers have them, some don't... I'm gonna guess most don't because Mesa Boogie isn't listed on the website.
Quote by Article

i have an Mesa/Boogie Rectifier Cab that took me eight months to find a dealership in california.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
Odd, just in the show room, my local guitar store has a Stiletto, a DC, and an Express. I live on the east coast as well.

Edit: The place is actually called East Coast Music Mall.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
as an ex- cuitar center employee, messa has a set sale price, meaning it is going to be the same price new anywhere you go, unless you find it used. they usually like you to order directly from them. but i would assume most shops wont carry them because of the price, why stock it if you can't sell it. i got a shop in this town that don't have anything good because everyone in the area is lower class and can't afford top brand items.
Mesa is a pretty picky company when it comes down to about everthing.

They're only open like 3 days a week for customer support, you can only have like 1 mesa boogie dealer within 50 miles of another, the prices are fixed for the most part, no sales on products...

It's kind of wierd that you live in a pretty large city, yet no stores carry mesa boogies.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
it wierder with me because i live in petaluma California and they're located in petaluma. the local music shops don't carry them.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
I bought mine at a Guitar Center in California. They had a few on display and where dusty and in bad conditions luckily they had a brand new one still in its box stored away in the back.
only mesa ive seen in a store other than the official hollywood dealer is an old heartbreaker which i hated. that was in guitar center. used of course.

i have no clue why they are so rare. it probably is because they cost so much but then again marshalls are in a lot of stores and cost just as much if not more. hell ive seen a diezel in guitar center. VHT's cost more and there more common. so maybe it isnt that.
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine GS330S
Roland microcube FTW!
There are amps that cost more... which is why I don't get it.
Quote by Article

my GC has quite a few rectos (none of the good ones though ) f-series, expresses, and used marks... but yeah the most likely one you'd find anywhere is gonna be a recto.

and so does another music shop 20 minutes from me, once again, lots of rectos.

and asking a shop to order it for you most likely means you have to buy it
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by MESAexplorer
Mesa is a pretty picky company when it comes down to about everthing.

They're only open like 3 days a week for customer support, you can only have like 1 mesa boogie dealer within 50 miles of another, the prices are fixed for the most part, no sales on products...

It's kind of wierd that you live in a pretty large city, yet no stores carry mesa boogies.

Wow, I guess them being that picky explains it. But, still. Major city. No dealers. I'm caught in the Twilight Zone.
Quote by Article

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Wow, I guess them being that picky explains it. But, still. Major city. No dealers. I'm caught in the Twilight Zone.

If you really do get a boogie, get the Road King/ Roadster or the Mark IV. Much more versatile amps...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Hey there... Guitar Center in Langhorne has a bunch of Mesas

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
2335 East Lincoln Hwy, Langhorne, PA 19047?

Really?

Interesting...

(Google maps... very helpful)
Quote by Article

the guitar center in the cherry hill mall stocks them
right over the tacony palmyra bridge
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1
I don't understand why everyone LOVES Mesa....they're not that great at all. They have OK sound...but there's so much better amps out there. If you're going to spend that kind of money on an amp...go for like an Orange or Marshall. To me, the whole Mesa line of amps sound very muddy...the gain is horrible. But hey...this may be just my opinion.

As for your post....

try craigslist...The Philly CL should have a ton of gear posted daily.
try ebay
try other online ad sites like local papers..etc.
Guitar Center SHOULD have them...at least the one here in CT has a ton of Mesa amps.
Local shops probably won't carry them...too high end for most...

try those...see what you come up with....patience is key. Wait it out and I'm sure you'll find one of those tone crushers.
2006 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 10 Top w/birds
1999 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top w/ birds
Marshall JCM900 Half Stack
Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Boss RC-2, AC-2, FZ-3, TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by voodoochildsr22 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by voodoochildsr22
I don't understand why everyone LOVES Mesa....they're not that great at all. They have OK sound...but there's so much better amps out there. If you're going to spend that kind of money on an amp...go for like an Orange or Marshall. To me, the whole Mesa line of amps sound very muddy...the gain is horrible. But hey...this may be just my opinion.

As for your post....

try craigslist...The Philly CL should have a ton of gear posted daily.
try ebay
try other online ad sites like local papers..etc.
Guitar Center SHOULD have them...at least the one here in CT has a ton of Mesa amps.
Local shops probably won't carry them...too high end for most...

try those...see what you come up with....patience is key. Wait it out and I'm sure you'll find one of those tone crushers.

That is definatly your opinion. Most metalheads wouldn't trade a boogie for 2 marshalls. It's a whole different tone, and Mesa Boogie is one of the better companies to produce an amp that pros use, and hobbyists can afford. Marshall and Orange are both extremely overpriced in the states for what you get as well. Splawn quickrods are cheaper than most of the Marshall handwired heads, and about the same price as the Orange rockers. No comparison in quality, marshall is marshall while Splawn is a boutique amp. You can make a Mesa sound like a marshall, but not make a marshall sound like a mesa.

As for the second part of your post, definatly buy used. Good call with that.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The only problem with buying used is that by the time I have the money, someone will have sold the amp I was looking at. And the only reason I want to see them new is so I have a good comparison for when I'm buying used.
Quote by Article

Quote by MESAexplorer
That is definatly your opinion. Most metalheads wouldn't trade a boogie for 2 marshalls. It's a whole different tone, and Mesa Boogie is one of the better companies to produce an amp that pros use, and hobbyists can afford. Marshall and Orange are both extremely overpriced in the states for what you get as well. Splawn quickrods are cheaper than most of the Marshall handwired heads, and about the same price as the Orange rockers. No comparison in quality, marshall is marshall while Splawn is a boutique amp. You can make a Mesa sound like a marshall, but not make a marshall sound like a mesa.

As for the second part of your post, definatly buy used. Good call with that.

Actually you cannot make a Mesa sound exactly like a Marshall...when you try..it sounds very boxey and rather small in comparison. I've played a few Mesas and tried to get an "accurate" marshall tone out of them...nothing came close. Mesa should stick with being MESA...and not trying to be like other great amps. Whatever....metalheads can have their Mesas...more great amps for me =)
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
haha, it's not that mesa's trying to be marshall, it's just some of their amps offer the option of a little marshall vibe for those that want it.

if you want marshall, go marshall. or orange. if you want boogie, go boogie. but if you want boogie/marshall... it's probably gonna be boogie.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^And if you want something that sounds like it's been packaged in a cardboard box...rolled around a bit...taken out and then pissed on...it's probably gonna be Boogie =)
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by UnsignedRecords
haha, it's not that mesa's trying to be marshall, it's just some of their amps offer the option of a little marshall vibe for those that want it.

if you want marshall, go marshall. or orange. if you want boogie, go boogie. but if you want boogie/marshall... it's probably gonna be boogie.

Or if you want a thick meaty tone...it's going to be boogie. No thin fishy midrange tone for me....

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Hey guys stop whining about which is better. Not many people can say they love a cranked Plexi more than me and I absoltely love the Mesa Mark IV. They are all great amps for different styles of music. The Mark IV happens to be the most versatile amp I have ever played and pretty much any sound I dialed in was sweet, even Marshall-ish sounds. Would I rather have a cranked plexi or JCM800? Of course for what I play. If I played more metal I would want the Mesa. If I played everything I would probably go Mesa for the fact used ones are great and the Mark IVs aren't too expensive and can do anything. It's opinion.
By the way...have you heard an Orange Rocker 30? They're great for pretty much everything.

If you think Orange is overpriced...look at your precious Mesa Boogies....those are way way overpriced....and they make the in the US where we live! At least Orange amps are overpriced to us in the states because its a billion miles away from where they're made....those are two totally different things right there.
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by MESAexplorer
Or if you want a thick meaty tone...it's going to be boogie. No thin fishy midrange tone for me....

i own a marshall jtm 60 and im aching for a mesa stiletto so i can finally have a nice bassy meaty tone. i liked my marshall in the beginning but after a year i find that it doesn't have enough gain for leads and it's has way too high mid range.

can i ask a question while i'm here, what's the difference between the Stage I stiletto's and the stage II stiletto's?

thanks (sorry about the thread highjacking)
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 2