i have a marshall vintage modern 100w half stack and this thing is awesome. i can get the best classic rock tone from it. but it doesnt really have a clean channel, the cleanest i can get it is like an overdriven clean i guess you could call it, so im thinking about getting a fender blues junior because i hear that fender has the best clean tones, and because the other guitar player in my old band had one and i always liked his tone. anyway the blues junior is only a 15w so when i switched over from my 100w half stack would it sound like i just turned my amp off, or will you be able to hear it? $ is kinda an issue right now so i dont wanna spend much more than that and i want a tube amp, so what does ug think?
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
that may be to big of a downsize...
if you want a great clean fender tone go for a hot rod deluxe..
its only 200$ more than the blues junior
Forget the hot rod deluxe, get a blues deluxe. 40W and same price as hot rod, but better cleans.
i agree with 6touch6of.evil6, but its crap overdriven though. just thought you might wanna keep that in mind when you spend $650 on an amp.
even though the blues jr is a good amp, i definently don't think you should get one. if you got a second amp, you'd probably need something like a silverface twin or similar. but really, i don't think you need a second amp at all, just use the volume control on your guitar. pretty much any amp will be able to clean up if you use the volume on your guitar. that would save you some $ too .
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Quote by Grimpenguin
Forget the hot rod deluxe, get a blues deluxe. 40W and same price as hot rod, but better cleans.

i dont know they just seem to be the same ****ing amp except one tweed and the other isnt
are you sure there any diffrent couse i think its only cosmetics
or you could correct me on this couse im not sure they look the same
the specs are the same ones not handwired or anything there both made in the factory
and i find it hard to bealive that a TWEED cover will give an amp bettor cleans
its just buls****
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by yzmxer931
even though the blues jr is a good amp, i definently don't think you should get one. if you got a second amp, you'd probably need something like a silverface twin or similar. but really, i don't think you need a second amp at all, just use the volume control on your guitar. pretty much any amp will be able to clean up if you use the volume on your guitar. that would save you some $ too .

yah what this guy said sometimes we completely look over the obviose slution and jump on the idea of buying a new amp
but if your ganna buy anything just for moneys sake get the blues junior the other amps the bigger ones are crap for the money
and if your ganna spend 650 on an amp why not go the extra mile and get the bettor fenders for 900 bucks the
deluxe and devilles are just a waste of money