I am sure there are many of these...but please

I have been out of playing for awhile, and my finger picking hand gets worn out easily

and good suggestions to keep up to a good par of speed?

maybe like some songs to play, or just exercises?
Last edited by IRONxPANTERA at Feb 26, 2008,
Try the basic "spider excercise" to work on straight tempos, like straight 8ths, quarters, or sixteenths. For triplets, if you have some endurance, I reccomend "Phantom of the Opera" by Iron Maiden. If this seems a little daunting to you, try "Postmortem" by Slayer.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by IRONxPANTERA
wow Phantom of the Opera was on my list of songs to learn!

hahahaha!

Yep, it's a good one for keeping a steady triplet rhythm. Same goes to postmortem, but postmortem is slower actually (Slayer, slower than Maiden?!).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
i just noticed i spell *daily wrong...

and i am not sure, i have no listened to that song in forever
check out bill dickens on you tube. he has right and left hand warmups he does. he uses the buddah rope, but u can do them without.
aerobic finger excercises, lol. find a few dozen songs that keep a solid 8th and 16th note rhythm. one i will suggest is billy idols rebel yell (flame shield up) because it keeps a steady run, i played it in a band and we played it pretty fast, i think about 145 or 150bpm where best guess its at 130 bpm. but you'll notice the change in your playing stamina