pretty self explanitory...

any good songs with easy sweep picking riffs? or general tips on how to do it?
A7X songs are full of sweep riffs. Check out Seize the Day and Bat Country. Personally tho, i cant stand em. But they do alot of sweeping.
practice a buttload. Also, begin to use your pinky as much as you use your other fingers.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Duncan Hills coffee solo. Has one 3 string sweep, and one 5 string sweep, though they're both played twice. Pretty helpful.
First off, sweep picking is not easy to get right at first, unless your God. I've been practicing on it for at least a month to try to do a full scale and up and down, yet I have not got it right.

Most people find a pattern that requires the near same fingerings on the fret (ex. 6th string 6th and 8th fret then 5th string 6th and 8th fret) and try to take it slow, using hammer-ons (up) and pull offs (down).

Also, some people may try to do a scale that sounds like sweep picking by doing tremelo picking up a scale or patern. It sounds some-what the same, yet does not provide very much smoothness.

So, make up a quick scale that might work with the same frets yet different strings, and work on that and soon do scales that actually have a letter name. (A minor, A major...etc.)
Quote by qotsa1998
A7X songs are full of sweep riffs. Check out Seize the Day and Bat Country. Personally tho, i cant stand em. But they do alot of sweeping.

Actually both of the famous "sweeping" sections from both of those songs are alternate picked by A7X themselves.

Most Trivium solos have sweeps in them, lots of Malmsteen and Dream Theater solos as well...umm...Between the Buried and Me also have a few songs with sweeping in them, stuff like Selkies.

That's all I can really think of for now.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
absolutely do not fall into the picking trap - make sure you are keeping your pick in a sweeping motion, and do not shortcut your way out of a fingering pattern
learn to correctly roll your fingers for barres, and just start off very slowly. metronomes are essential for accurate timing with your sweeps
start off with small 3 string sweeps and eventually make your way down. you may be unhappy with your progress but as long as you practice correctly and build your speed with a metronome, you should be doing fine