Been looking for another 5 string after my LTD 5 string I had crapped out after being 3 weeks old. Found this Fender 5 String P on craigslist so I went and checked it out, pretty good condition too! It's the discontinued one with the bridge pickup. This thing weighs a ton too, and it's a beast! For some reason it has a lot more sustain then my jazz, I'm assuming from the dual coil bridge pickup in it. Apparently fender stopped making these in 03, and they "broke the mold" meaning they will never make them again? If anyone has any info on them, post it up please. Anyways, here's some pics of it, for some reason, the color came out blue, BUT IT'S NOT BLUE! It's green

Pic with my jazz
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
looks pretty blue....
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
That's an awesome bass, American Deluxe Precision 5ers are some of the nicest sounding basses I've ever played. I love the aggressive 'grunt' you get when you solo the precision pickup and play some notes on the B string. It's pure music to my ears. That bass, despite being a precision, is immensely versatile due to the electronics. The one I played got an incredible metal tone when you keep the pan pot to about 75% precision pickup (for a whole lot of bark) and 25% humbucker (for some additional clarity). I also had the mids boosted slightly with the bass and treble flat for an aggressive metal tone that cut through extremely well, even when played with fingers. Slap was also like nothing I've ever heard. If you want the conventional "hollow" slap tone, this is NOT your bass. This thing has an attitude in the tone that just can't be dialed out, and I love it. All in all, congradulations on the bass. Nice find!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
That looks awesome. I had never seen a P-bass with those pickups until now. Thats an awesome blu. I really like it. And I also really like that jazz of yours.
Those Deluxe MIA Ps are fantastic basses, and that colour looks fabulous in person. I'm jealous. I didn't know they'd been discontinued though...shame you can only get the four string one now.
Quote by RJayZ
Suddenly, I'm gasing.

Gas-ing? Hell, I am suddenly guilty of three of the seven deadly sins i.e Envy, lust and bit of avarice thrown in for good measure.

That is a very very nice bass...
No it's Trans Green and I don't know why it came out Blue, I'll try to take a pic of it outside to see how it looks. Yes this bass definitely sounds very nice. Does have the grunt your talking about, and it has a certain punch, like the note cuts through (make sense).

Yea they stop making the american deluxe 5 string, they make the 4 though. I'm gonna call fender tomorrow and maybe ask them about it.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
slick bass. though it looks blue, its something with tranparent colors that make them flipflop in the light. both trans black basses ive had (both esp and peavey) looked like a deep purple in different lights
Quote by RJayZ
Suddenly, I'm gasing.

+1 That thing's sexy.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I've been GASing for one of those since forever.. There's one at the local Long & Mcquade but it's around $1300... how much did that run you?
$1125 with HSC. I've seen them go for $1250 on eBay, it all depends on the finish I guess
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Bass is for sale if anyone's interested
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by Bad Seed
Bass is for sale if anyone's interested

go back to craigs list and sell your wares. you have no profile, and most, if not all of your posts are concerning selling your crap. it may very well be good crap, but the UG Bass Forum is not a place of commerce. Bad Seed is indeed a good name for you.
read the sign "No Soliciting"
*reported*

Edit: the only reason Fender EVER discontinued anything, was due to low sales.
that means the players that could afford it, chose something else. discontinued doesn't always mean "bad". but it definitely means there was better, at the time.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Mar 8, 2008,