Whenever I play guitar my hands start sweating and my alternate picking suffers a lot. I can barely hold onto the pick and this bothers me a lot. Anything I can do to avoid this or any special picks? Thanks
only when you play guitar?

i have a disorder called hyperhidrosis palmar... wiki it.. but its all the time.

if not, there are these "cool" brand picks that have a great grip on them.
I hear icyhot helps?...

Really though, stick some duct tape or a bit of any kind of tape with grip on your pics, it will help fix, if not get rid of the problem.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
u mean like how kirk hammett tapes up his hand? i think its also cause i sweat a lot when i work out. more than avg person.
better air conditioning? idk if it will help with just your hands sweating tho...

in that case i guess gloves
I read a Guitar World article and some guy used a lighter to burn his picks so they wouldn't slip. Dunno if it'll help, but you might wanna try.
"Don't make me come down there!"

-God

[quote=""Professor McGonagall"
"]Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

I'm a girl, by the way.
Cut out your sweat glands.

Actually try talcum powder.
Or you can get those special picks that are made for splendid grip.
This guy i knew put a sticky substance on his picks. Man i wish i could remember what it was. Really helps when your working on tension problems.
epic7734
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
yea i read that also,but i dont wanna destroy my picks lol

Yeah, I actually tried that once but it kinda just melted.
"Don't make me come down there!"

-God

[quote=""Professor McGonagall"
"]Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

I'm a girl, by the way.
that used to happen to me alot when i was just beginning... mebe just wait it out
had the same problem, and i fixed it easy

i just take my pick and rough it up real good with a razor, make lots of lines on it, on either side, so it has some grip. you can also just put your pick on some concrete and rub it in like your putting out a cigarrette

hope it helps!

edit: i have discovered that some picks are HIGHLY flammable, i wouldnt suggest using flame, my above technique will save you time and maybe your house!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by mrmarc772
that used to happen to me alot when i was just beginning... mebe just wait it out

i've been playing for almost 3 years.
Get one of those special finger picks.

Or get the sweat glands cut off through your armpits.

Or just relax dude.

Or leave your hand in ice before you play so it doesn't need to sweat.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Get some pics with grip, such as Dunlop, I think.

Once, my hands got so sweaty just before a solo, and I dropped my pic. I failed, miserably. I was like, "pluck, pluck, pluck" with my fingers, but it sounded like ****.

WHY didn't I pick up the pic??