I bought my first electric guitar a few weeks ago (a squier strat) and when I play it, if I hold down the top two stings on the 2nd or 3rd fret I get some buzzing. A friend of mine, who has been playing for a number of years, told me I probably just need new strings. He said this, however, without ever having played my guitar. Could he be right or is there a problem with the guitar itself?
change the strings before you do anything else, if the buzzing isn't fixed with new strings, bring it to a shop and have them do a setup.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
try playing it for another week or two and if the problem persists try raising your action a little bit. or maybe change the strings (a good thing to do anyway with stock strings)
either way its not that tough of a fix. nor will it be an expensive one. do what that guy said^
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!