Page 1 of 2
Thats my price range. What should I get?
Genres: Metal, Punk, Rock
Needs: Distortion very good
Cleans adequate
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
B-52 AT-112
Randall RG50TC
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
you know the marshall mg stack is 600 dollars right??? JK JK id say go with a b-52 at-112, maybe with an overdrive pedal for the heavier tones but even without a pedal ive seen people get a great metal tone out of it. pretty versatile too
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^^Those up there or a Mesa F-30/50.

Ugh even though those should only be worth 400-600 dollars people sell them used for WAY too high... cheapest on Canadian eBay ive seen it is 800, local craigslist has one for $1000 lol, thats like the price it wouldve been new
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

yea the b-52's supposed to be pretty good and versitile, sounds somewhat like a mesa ive heard? i havent tried one personally but i've heard good things. otherwise theres tons of cheap peavey triple xxx's on ebay, mines a 60 watt 112 i got for $400 and its versitile and can get quite brutal. but like others have said, with pretty much any amp your going to need an overdrive if your into really heavey stuff.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
bump
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Could look at the new Bugera amps, not much known at the present except they are cheap as you like.Theres a few people who have got the 6260/6262 on the forums so have a search for the reviews they gave, 6262 or 333xl should do the things you want to do.

I expect you can find better secondhand however.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
If I do get the B-52 what overdrive should I get?
Quote by Moose45
If I do get the B-52 what overdrive should I get?

Why would you need one? They're not a necessity.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Why would you need one? They're not a necessity.

Umm...to play heavier.
As I said, they're not a necessity. You don't need an overdrive to get a heavier sound.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
well....ok
used Yamaha T50/T100
used Marshall DSL50
used Laney AOR or ProTube
used Peavey Windsor (use your volume knob on your guitar for cleans)
Crate Palomino
Quote by guitarman216
used Yamaha T50/T100
used Marshall DSL50
used Laney AOR or ProTube
used Peavey Windsor (use your volume knob on your guitar for cleans)
Crate Palomino

Most of those are just heads? right?
bump
Quote by Moose45
Most of those are just heads? right?

actually, most of them come in combo form. :]
Used 5150 combo (how come nobody has said this one?). you don't need an od if your amp gets heavy enough. If it gets all the gain you want, than its not a necessity,. If you want the extra boost, than i reccomend a fulltone OCD or a cmatmods Signadrive
Well I'm actually looking at the Bugera 6262 Combo now. It has great reviews here at this site and everywhere else.
Link-- http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG6262212
Quote by guitarman216
i didn't suggest one because they're renowned for reliability problems.

a 5150? known for reliability PROBLEMS?

they are more known for their tank-like indestructibility than their actual sound lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by guitarman216
i didn't suggest one because they're renowned for reliability problems.

i dropped mine down a flight of stairs, been knocked off the cab a few times, turned on w/ no cab attached for about 2 mins and it plays better then when i got it. They can take a good beating and play great.
so is the 6262 a good idea?
Quote by jimmy666page666

i dropped mine down a flight of stairs, been knocked off the cab a few times, turned on w/ no cab attached for about 2 mins and it plays better then when i got it. They can take a good beating and play great.

i didn't mean that they weren't physically tough. they're well built. its more of a design flaw. they are known for overheating due to poor ventilation. if it hasn't happened to you, consider yourself lucky.

a good friend of mine just tried out the entire Bugera line and he said that the 333 and the 6262 were probably some of the most badass amps he's played in a long time.

def. check them out.
Ok thats what I'm gonna probably do. The Bugera 6262 looks the best for my price range, new that is.
Bump...

So it looks like I'm going to get the Bugera 6262 212 for $573.94 brand new. I love studica.

Anyone disagree?
Well, the Bugera might be just as reliable as the Peavey, or as bad as a Behringer product.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
*cough* biased *cough*

Biased? I'm just saying it could be anything, dude.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Holy crap.... BUGERA ISNT MADE BY BEHRINGER...

Its only distributed by them, meaning behringer handles shipping their products to the dealers. Nothing else.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
Holy crap.... BUGERA ISNT MADE BY BEHRINGER...

Its only distributed by them, meaning behringer handles shipping their products to the dealers. Nothing else.

I look at it like this.. You go to a store and they have a self of meat that is outdated and rotten. But the self below that is meat shipped in from another company. Would you trust the store? How do you know that its not the same meat? Or stored in the same container with the old rotten meat...

Thats how i look at it... If you have a company offering an insanely cheap product and it just so happens that there partners are a another well known cheap crappy product company would you not think hmmmmmm maybe there in it together or even maybe Bugera is a sub company of Behringer. Much like Gibson and Epiphone, Fender and Squire...

And if that doesnt get you thinking check this out http://whois.domaintools.com/bugera-amps.com

Behringer owns there Domain and for any legal issues its pointing to Behringer.. So hmmmmmm why would a company handling the distrubution only own a website of a whole other company... Bugera just got OWNED!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I look at it like this.. You go to a store and they have a self of meat that is outdated and rotten. But the self below that is meat shipped in from another company. Would you trust the store? How do you know that its not the same meat? Or stored in the same container with the old rotten meat...

Thats how i look at it... If you have a company offering an insanely cheap product and it just so happens that there partners are a another well known cheap crappy product company would you not think hmmmmmm maybe there in it together or even maybe Bugera is a sub company of Behringer. Much like Gibson and Epiphone, Fender and Squire...

And if that doesnt get you thinking check this out http://whois.domaintools.com/bugera-amps.com

Behringer owns there Domain and for any legal issues its pointing to Behringer.. So hmmmmmm why would a company handling the distrubution only own a website of a whole other company... Bugera just got OWNED!

What's your point?

Are you saying you wouldn't buy a Gibson or Fender because they have subsidiary companies that make inferior products?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Traynor YCV40 or 50blue ftw.
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
i played a bugera the other day because my local shop got two of each of there products....i plugged into the 6262...and let me tell you...belive it or not i dont care........the bugera will smoke anything in the 500-1500 price range for the money......cleans were ''good'' on the 6262, but the crunch channel was amazing and the lead channel went from brutal to ear-splitting....it will be the best $650 ive ever spent
Page 1 of 2