Page 1 of 2
It sounds like a can of angry bees making the beast with two backs
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
It sounds like a can of angry bees making the beast with two backs

That pretty much sums it up!

I tried one like 4 years ago and hated it, even back when I had no ear for tone. Can't imagine what I would think if I tried one now after owning a Mark IV
dude
just tell him to go buy one
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
My friend had a Marshall MG and it's probably the worst amp I've ever used, if only for about 15 minutes. You should take note that the first amp I ever had was a nameless, single channel, solid state piece of **** that I found in my basement. My second amp was a Crate solid state that I found in my basement. My third amp was a broken Fender Frontman 25 that was given to me.

And the marshall MG was the worst.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
because people like you and people who have mg's don't know how to use a search bar
because it lacks any kind of warmth, and is overpriced compared to other amps in its price range.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
I hate them because one once blew up in my mothers face and killed her. I must avenge my mothers death by hating on MG's for the rest of my life
Build quality is lax. They just generally suck, even compared to other solid state amps in its price range (you can get a small tube combo for the price of one as well). Just really not worth it, but if hes sold on the marshall name, go ahead and let him buy one...he'll find out soon enough.
Quote by _BucketHead_
I hate them because one once blew up in my mothers face and killed her. I must avenge my mothers death by hating on MG's for the rest of my life

LOL!
The overdrive sucks and your gonna have to get a distortion pedal and use it on the clean channel. The FX on the amp suck as well, people buy it cause its a Marshall and don't bother to try it out and see for them selves. To sum it up don't buy cause like me you'll want to get rid of it and buy a better amp later, its basically a big practice amp.
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
Because it sounds synthesized. It's more like you're pressing a button that's made to sound like hitting a note on the guitar rather than playing the actual guitar through the amp, if that makes sense. Sort of like a bad electric guitar modeler on a keyboard.
Dickless.
I don't hate the MG, it's just the same as any other no-name, el cheapo, crappy practice amp ('Park', in this case). In fact the cleans can be quite usable for funk styles, and on the whole it doesn't sound that bad.

The problem began when they slapped a Marshall badge on it and thought this justified a massive price increase.

They only made things worse with the higher-powered gigging versions like the 100W combo and half stack. That's when it stops being a joke and becomes highly targeted and slightly cruel marketing. Kids are fooled by the 'Marshall half-stack' image, and end up with what's basically a socially ambitious practice amp, in a poorly-assembled box, with cardboard speakers...
If your playing techno or something else that is supposed to sound electronic there aren't many amps better but if you want a good crunch with great tone it sucks balls
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
It sounds unpleasantly harsh, has crap speakers and is way overpriced.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by kyle62
I don't hate the MG, it's just the same as any other no-name, el cheapo, crappy practice amp ('Park', in this case). In fact the cleans can be quite usable for funk styles, and on the whole it doesn't sound that bad.

The problem began when they slapped a Marshall badge on it and thought this justified a massive price increase.

They only made things worse with the higher-powered gigging versions like the 100W combo and half stack. That's when it stops being a joke and becomes highly targeted and slightly cruel marketing. Kids are fooled by the 'Marshall half-stack' image, and end up with what's basically a socially ambitious practice amp, in a poorly-assembled box, with cardboard speakers...

Exactly, its an alright amp, i own one, 50 watt one to be exact, i know stupid right. But considering how much they retail it for, it is a complete and utter rip. There are so many better amps for the price. It's an okay amp, but when compared to the price and all the other stuff you can get instead, it's just a total piece of trash.

Most just hop on the bandwagon though, i've seen a lot of threads trying to trick people with sound clips saying its a jcm800 even though its really an mg, or saying that it's an mg even though it's really a jcm800 and people fall for those threads just because of the bandwagon.
cause no matter how hard i try and how much i dial the knobs... i can't get a decent sound out of it (at least not something that i like)
I don't care for them. A few years ago, I tried twice to own a little one for small uses. Both were DOA. Doesn't say much for the tone, but I ended up with a little VOX for my portable needs.
I need a new amp!!!!!!!!! !!!
I'm using an MG 15 watt. I want to cry. I was just playing today when I suddenly stopped and said aloud "That tone is complete SHI†!"
Quote by _BucketHead_

lmfao! you just made my day..er..night
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Because people keep making threads like this...

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Because people keep making threads like this...

*reported*

you're not a very happy person are you. Were you bullied at school?
Quote by _BucketHead_
you're not a very happy person are you. Were you bullied at school?

Quite the opposite, oddly enough...

...i'll be happier when this thread is dead
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ive got an MG100hdfx, mostly due to the fact I got it for a steal and I needed a bigger amp.

They arent THAT bad. Granted the overdrive is poor, but I prefer playing clean anyway. If I wanted to play with overdrve Id buy a pedal that did it for me
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AX120
'94 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Effects:
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Digitech RP50
Line 6 DL-4

Amp:
Marshall MG100HDFX
A MG30DFX or whatever the **** they are called is wayyyyy worse than a Frontman 15G
I have yet to try a Marshall that I like, even the expensive ones.

It's all just a name.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I have yet to try a Marshall that I like, even the expensive ones.

It's all just a name.

The TSL602 combo sounds muddy... Honestly.

Anyway I'm not gonna bash Marshall...
Quote by kyle62

+1

Well said!
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
nowadays when i use the mg that i sold to my guitar instructor it sounds disgusting. the first time i told him to put it into the distortion channel it just sounded louder with more bass.
because the tone is like mickey mouse farting.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
The word "suck" only appears 7 times in this thread. I am personally quite surprised by that considering 3 of the "suck" references were in the TS's original entry. Wow. We can do better than that.

I had an old 15 watt practice, believe it was an MG, it worked for what I needed it for in college. And due to the "name" I was able to get more for it than I had spent originally. That doesn't suck. (Knew I could get one more in there).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2