What kind of pickups should i get for my Schecter Gryphon, i want to take out the current ones to get a better sound.

i play metal like All That Remains, Trivium all the way to Pop Punk like blink

I would like to have some great distortion as well as good cleans.

help!

i was gonna get

Bridge: Dirty Fingers
Neck: SD 59

but now im not too sure.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
A new amp.

Edit: I saw in you sig you are getting a new amp. So now my post is totally irrelevany since I have no suggestions. Free bump for you?

people like you who always say that get REALLY annoying, he's asking for pickups
i don't know for the blink stuff, but for metal thats a pretty good selection, i don't really know anything better cuz i don't wanna say something you might regret, but those are good pickups
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
people like you who always say that get REALLY annoying, he's asking for pickups
i don't know for the blink stuff, but for metal thats a pretty good selection, i don't really know anything better cuz i don't wanna say something you might regret, but those are good pickups

agreed. thanks =D
Quote by ChaoticVengence

I agree with you for the most part. The thing is that I am soo used to people that are new to the guitar wanting new pickups and have a crap amp so a new amp is usually the best decision. If you wanted help buying new rims for your crappy old Honda to make it faster, wouldn't you want somebody experienced to steer you away from a mistake? I know I would. I didn't see that part about getting the new amp, I just saw the spider in his sig and my reaction was new amp because new pups wouldn't help at all in that amp. My bad for not editing fast enough or not deleting my post.
Quote by ChaoticVengence

I think advice should be given that's in the best interest of the user.

This guy should upgrade his amp first, see how he likes his tone. THEN he can decide what he wants to change about his tone. He can't choose pickups efficiently yet, not without arriving at a sort "ideal" tone. Pickup swaps are for tweaking your tone, and if he doesn't know what his "tone" is yet, how can he tweak it?
Quote by xfallchildx
i am prolly gonna go used so not a peavey i can better with the same price, no?

The only better used all tube amp in that price range is the Mesa F series, but people like to sell them for way too much.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
emgs maybe? 81 bridge 60 for the clean tones. i've got that combo in my schecter and it rips. otherwise if your going passive maybe the duncan JB and a 59 in the neck's a good combo, havent tried the dirty fingers though so i couldnt tell ya.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I agree with you for the most part. The thing is that I am soo used to people that are new to the guitar wanting new pickups and have a crap amp so a new amp is usually the best decision. If you wanted help buying new rims for your crappy old Honda to make it faster, wouldn't you want somebody experienced to steer you away from a mistake? I know I would. I didn't see that part about getting the new amp, I just saw the spider in his sig and my reaction was new amp because new pups wouldn't help at all in that amp. My bad for not editing fast enough or not deleting my post.

Exactly.

New pups wont do too much to your tone unless you have a good amp to start with.
And yes, we know you're asking for pickups and an amp. It'd be better if you used your pickup money and your amp money together to get a good amp first; then worry about pups.
Don't worry about Pickups yet! where's your tone??? have an amp? pickups don't make a dramatic difference, these days there are descent pickups in a lot of the newer guitars. I remember when these cheap Japanese copies had fake humbuckers in them! Yes fake, if you attempted to remove the cover all you would find is a single coil! and it was a cheapie!!! clear bobbin, ceramic magnet glued to the bottom and who know what wire they used. But those days are long gone, save your bucks and get an amp that can deliver a tone to your liking.
find your tone in your amp, get used to it, develop it and then get some pickups that can compliment your tone with nice harmonic over tones. Remember the best sounding pickups aren't the dirtiest! even for metal! find a decent Humbucker by a quality mfgr. let your tone and your amp create the sounds you want to hear! You can play the guitar, now learn how to play the amp!
Quote by ChaoticVengence

Maybe because there's no point to getting new pickups when it won't change the sound of your amp at all?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com