So I got this electric guitar for $75 at a pawn shop. It has a double-locking tremolo that says "Mfg. Floyd Rose Patents". The guitar is in really good shape. It's got with Strat-style body with an HSS pickup setup. It's black and says "Stinger" on the head.

So

a) I'm not really sure how to operate the double-locking tremolo,

b) How do I set up the action (it's painfully high)?

and

c) Did I get screwed?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

This is the only pic I can get at the moment.
Attachments:
head.jpg
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
Last edited by Mr. Thingy at Feb 26, 2008,
Pics? If it's an OFR that bridge is worth more than $75 by itself.

Basically to use the trem, you stick the whammy bar in and push it ? To tune with the tuning pegs you loosen the locking nut at the top of the neck and then turn pegs. To "fine tune" you turn the little pegs on the bridge, leaving the nut locked. Changing strings can be a pain in the ass, I think there's a Floyd Rose thread stickied.
Any pictures? Try to get good pictures of the bridge unit especially.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Tighten the two posts that hold the trem to lower the action. If the neck needs adjustment, you need a tech though.
Well, the nearest shop is a 3 hour drive from here.

OK, so I've been tuning it correctly.

Thanks.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.