Simple question. will running my MIA Strat into a multi FX and THEN into a good tube amp (Fender Blues junior, 65 DRRI etc.) suck my tone a noticable amount, and will i be able to proporly boost the amp for distortion?

Hawk
i won't push the tube's overdrive, generally multi effects go in effects loops
Quote by Ghold125
i won't push the tube's overdrive, generally multi effects go in effects loops

Generally, yes, but there are many of us with amps that don't have effects loops.

A friend of mine who is very learned in music and electronics engineering told me that some interesting and usable sounds can be made of putting modulation effects in front of the amp. In the 60's, effects loops weren't as common as now, so most players just put all their effects between the guitar and amp.

"Hendrix did it" he said, and proceeded to tell me he got really cool sounds from overdriving a signal with reverb on it.

I'm going to get a Holy Grail eventually and, if it sucks in front of the amp, I'll put an amp with an FX loop on my wish list.
Had a V-amp pro laying around and tried it on the valveking and hated it. Makes more noise and feedback then its worth. Most of those multi-effects sound way to digitial and they come with a price and that is hum and noise.