I have a Fender Standard Telecaster. Liking it a lot, its my second guitar and first electric. Anyways, theres this sound I would really like to hear from it.

Sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM

Anyways, whether it be pickups, amps, or effects, please keep them on the under $200 side of things. I'm don't have one of those money trees.

Thanks.
yeah, what's your amp, and do you have any pedals?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So my current amp is a Peavey Rage 258 25-watt amp. It has this Trans-Tube technology that makes it sound somewhat like a tube which I kind of agree it does. The options are:

Swith Clean/Lead

Lead: Pre Gain 1-10, Post Gain 1-10

EQ with Lead:

Three Options: Stack/Modern/Vintage
with dials of
Low 1-10, Mid 1-10, High 1-10
Fender Standard Telecaster
Well the closest you'll get to Joe's sound on a budget would be The Mini Colossal.
You'd need to save a bit more though, but you can get it used for a decent price, here's one on ebay now Link
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
If you've ever played the Mini Colossal you'll know its one of the worst sounding, over priced pieces of s**t ever released as an amp. But if Joe played through one, he'd still sound good and still sound like himself!

An Ibanez JS whatever, Dunlop Wah and a Peavey JSX is the short answer.

The truth is-

You wont sound like Joe even if you play throguh their exact rig, you just wont sound like em. Theres so much more that goes into it, Choice of notes, timing, phrasing, picking dynamics, even how you hold the pick.
Its a frustraiting fact, god knows I've tried to get plenty of guitar sounds by buying gear to recreate players exact rigs. I've been through my James Hetfield phase, then again through my Slash phase, then again through my Zakk Wylde phase. And on it goes. It doesnt happen. I gave up a long time ago and just settled with the face that I sound like me, and Im pretty happy with that now.
Quote by w00tsauce
I have a Fender Standard Telecaster. Liking it a lot, its my second guitar and first electric. Anyways, theres this sound I would really like to hear from it.

Sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM

Anyways, whether it be pickups, amps, or effects, please keep them on the under $200 side of things. I'm don't have one of those money trees.

Thanks.

That's a stretch too far for a telecaster unfortunately, fat humbucker tone EQ'd to within an inch of it's life, notched with a wah pedal and with a shedload of processing going on...it's not even worth bothering trying.

If you want to sound like someone study their style and concentrate on imitating their techniques, touch and phrasing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com