hey, so i just found out that this summer ill have a job, where i can make a about 1500-2000 us dollars if work just about all summer.

my first thought, was to just go onto ebay and buy a mesa boogie dual rectifier head and a 4X12 cab.

the whole reason i am working in the summer is for a great amp upgrade, i.e, all tube, loud. something i won't sell, and that i'll never be held back on (in a band situation/tone)
like ill be able to have this same thing when im 30 or so, and still be able to use it.

but the thing is, im only 15, been playing guitar since i was 8, just about all self funded (cept for my 100$ laminated-top classical), and ill be playing everything from streetlight manifesto to children of bodom to malmsteen so diversity is key.

but would this be a wise investment, considering if i have the money, and know that ill be playing for all my life?
or should i just go for a lesser tube amp, like in the valveking, or randall rg50tc price range? (i know the randall is more metal geared, but i mean in terms of investment)
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
i'd stick with the rectifier, im 15 and i'd do the same thing. many people are gonna suggest either a 6505/5150 which wouldnt be versitile enough, and alot of people are gonna say a used mesa mark IV. otherwise check out the carvin v3, super versitile and high quality, and not too pricy.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Streetlight Manifesto ftw!!!!

Anyways..........

+1 to Stiletto and the Daul Rec. However, I have heard that the Mark IV is extremely versatile....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
just did some research on the stiletto. would it be able to cover what i want to play? and i can always put a ts9 or another OD in front for the metal
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
If you want an amp to last you forever, and take whatever you throw at it, look at Mark IV's and Carvin V3's. Rec's arn't terribbly versatile.
so a mark IV would be good? what about a stiletto? and ill look into carvins
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90