Okay, so a while ago I got an Ibanez and I told them to put 11guages on and set it up for drop C tuning. They said not to tune it too high or the setup will go to wack.

They gave me the opposite crap with my Fender after they cleaned it up and told me i couldn't tune too low (cause the strings get all slinky) Did they just make it too loose?

So I'll get to the point...

I tuned my guitar to CGCFAD sharp (#) though (or DADGBE flat (b) for Hear Shaped Box (Nirvana), BYOB and other stuff like that. Is this going to warp my neck? Will making all the strings sharp do this? I'm just paranoid. It's an IbanezRG2EX1
If they set it up for a certain tuning with a certain gauge of strings, changing tuning up/down or changing gauges will definitely affect your neck. "Warp" is not the correct term to use, but it will bow either in or out, if only the least bit.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Quote by copet
If they set it up for a certain tuning with a certain gauge of strings, changing tuning up/down or changing gauges will definitely affect your neck. "Warp" is not the correct term to use, but it will bow either in or out, if only the least bit.

should I change it to CGCFAD after I play with it then to prevent bowing? Should I worry?
Probably something you should ask a tech at your local store, I've only ever tuned down that low once :P

Sorry for the slow response!
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
if you're only tuning a half step above what it's set up for I would say any bowing would be too minimal to worry about. Assuming you have 11-48?
If you start tuning up/down and changing string gauges, your guitar will need to be set up again. That's just how it is.
If your neck is set for a specific string tension/tuning then you should have no problem as long as you leave it in the intended tuning.

Where you run into problems is when you lower or raise that string tension/tuning and leave it there for extended periods of time... this WILL warp your neck.

Changing tuning occasionally for a jam will not adversely affect your guitar in the long run, as long as you go back to the intended tuning after your session (though your intonation in the alternate tuning will probably not be spot on, especially if you have a floating bridge).
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.