So lately I've been having this problem with one of my friends because he never has any money...
He dropped out of college, he's lost the past 3 jobs he had (his own fault), and he always asks to borrow money. He makes himself sound so hopeless that its hard not to feel sorry for him cuz hes my friend. He doesn't know how to get his act together and I just lent him 40 bucks. He keeps saying he will get a job and pay us (the group of friends he lives off of), but its going nowhere and hes not doing anything about it.
My problem is I don't know what to say to him. I know I should just be like "enough is enough dude", but its not always that simple.
What do you guys think I should do? (I know I probably won't get a perfect answer, but I needed to vent this anyway)
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
You need to be hard on him and get him to stop being a lazy prick. Get it into his head that you guys can only give him money for so long before everyone stops believing in him and completely lets him go.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
"Get a job, you lazy bastard."
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
kill him. but really, tell him to get a job and stop being a wothless piece of ****.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Tell him you and your friends won't continuously support him and that he needs to pull his life together.
Well my friend, you gotta say:

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
Why don't you get a job??
Say no way, say no way, no way
Why don't you get a jobbbbbbb?!!
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
tell him he needs to get a job and stop living off of other people. and i agree with what darkstar2466 said.
Tough love. Tell him to **** off until he gets a job.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
Quote by Lgndkllr777

Quote by darkstar2466

Aww, I thought he was going to 3-Iron his ass. That's such a crazy movie.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Feb 27, 2008,
"dude... i need some money"

"then get a job"

easy as that, if he doesn't cares about his life... then you shouldn't be worried about it
Quote by darkstar2466
You need to be hard on him

awsome
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Lgndkllr777

that made my day
Yeah thats what I thought you guys would say, and you're right.
But this guy has an excuse for everything. One of the more common ones is "I have no money to put gas in my car so I cant go find a job"
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

well what is he using this money for?

if he needs gas money so he can go out and put in job applications thats one thing. if he needs money for beer or cigs, thats a totally different story.

im guessing that its the later from the way you make him sound, so i would eventually be like "well i cant loan you any more money cause you havent paid me back yet so now im poor cause i loaned so much money to you. sorry."
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Yeah he says his dad tells him to walk to work.
He only owes me like 50 bucks atm...but he has borrowed close to $1000 from one of my other friends.

And yeah he does smoke. He doesnt spend money on beer as far as I know but hes only 19.
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Quote by USAPeavey
Yeah he says his dad tells him to walk to work.
He only owes me like 50 bucks atm...but he has borrowed close to $1000 from one of my other friends.

And yeah he does smoke. He doesnt spend money on beer as far as I know but hes only 19.

what??? if i was that guy i would have cut him off after like $100. and if his dad is telling him to walk to work, yeah, that should be a red flag right there.

sounds like this kid needs to grow up and learn some lessons the hard way. if i was you, i dont think i would give him anymore money. 1) because you know you are not going to get it back anytime soon and 2) this kid needs to survive on his own for a little and learn that he needs a job and needs to pull his own weight in society.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Well lately hes had a very self-righteous attitude because he just enlisted in the Navy. I respect him for that, but now he feels that he is very secure and can keep asking for stuff because "I'll be getting good money after I come out of basic, and then I'll pay yall back" The thing is, he doesnt leave for basic till august.
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Quote by USAPeavey
Well lately hes had a very self-righteous attitude because he just enlisted in the Navy. I respect him for that, but now he feels that he is very secure and can keep asking for stuff because "I'll be getting good money after I come out of basic, and then I'll pay yall back" The thing is, he doesnt leave for basic till august.

august...pfft. i still wouldnt loan him any money. and you really dont make that much weekly in the military. most of it comes it terms of the GI bill and such. plus, there is so many ways that he can blow money in the military if he cant save any now. between beer, food, cds, dvd, etc. if he's not responsible with his money he wont be able to keep it. plus, you said he smokes, which im assuming you mean weed, but he wont be able to do that in the military cause they drug test. but, he will be able to do coke, heroin, ecstasy, etc, etc, because they erase off a drug test in a few days. trust me, i know people in the military and this is what they do. they find out when a test is coming, party it up for a few days, then get clean for the next three to four.

and if you dont think he would do **** just cause he only smokes weed or whatever...if you have smoked weed, you will have no problems doing other drugs. trust me, i know.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Your friends lent close to $1000? Far they sound like pushovers.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster