fucking sucks.

When microsoft thought to make a new version of word to follow up the nice, simple easy '03 version..

WHY did they have to make it so ****ty.

"Hey guys, lets take an easy set up that many people are used to, and turn everything into graphic menus with huge images, and make typing papers even more annoying!"

and they took away the office assistant.

THE OFFICE ASSISTANT!

That yellow dog was the only thing that kept word fun!

AHHH

So.. anything that bugs you about technology updates??
I hate all of the '07 Office programs.....
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
2000 and 2003 are flawless, except when Word will sparsely do something totally unheard of in terms of settings or alignments.

A whole new version changing the already-simple interface is just unnecessary.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
o.O

i think the programs are fine. i have no problems with them
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Agreed. The main problem I have though is that '03 can't recognize '07. So if I forget to print a paper, I'm screwed since I can't do it at school. Already happened to me once.
Quote by o Terp o
Agreed. The main problem I have though is that '03 can't recognize '07. So if I forget to print a paper, I'm screwed since I can't do it at school. Already happened to me once.

really? I created a powerpoint in '07 and my teacher was able to download a converter for it.

Im surprised word doesn't have that.
Yeah, the layout of Office '07 is a little annoying to get used to. Plus, word saves everything in .docx files, which can't be read in other versions of Office, so you always have to manually save it as a .doc file if you're sending it to a professor or something (like I do). I had to make a huge graph in Excel the other day, and I already suck with Excel to begin with, so it took me quite a while to figure out where everything was again...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by o Terp o

You have to change to compatability mode if you want older versions to read it.

But yes, new office is weird and scares me .

I've had it about two months and still can't figure it out.