Hey everyone. I am new to this site and it looks pretty good, I believe I will keep coming back

I am in the process of buying a Guitar and Amp and I wanted to know what you all thought of it and maybe what they should be priced at. I have had a guitar before but it was acoustic and 2 of the frets were totally done for so it was like playing with a peice of sheetmetal.

Here is what I know about them, the guitar is a Slammer Pacer PAC3 and the amp is Ventura brand. They are used but fully work, here are some pics:

Guitar:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/natenkiki2004/guitar/guitar2.jpg
Amp:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/natenkiki2004/guitar/amp1.jpg
Everything:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/natenkiki2004/guitar/allthreeampguitarandcase.jpg

I just wanted to find out if this is a good beginners guitar and how this measures on a quality scale, basically just general info and opinions. Much thanks.
That's perfect for beginners!
Good luck with guitar.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
It measures very poorly just like everyone else when they first start out. i started out with a fender squire used and a old ass peavy amp that cuts out. it was good for a begginer but now i cant stand to use either one. i use my squire to take apart and examine and my amp as a cup holder
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
I currently have the exact same guitar in peices. Re-doing it purple for the g/f

it is a great beginner guitar btw!
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
To be honest I'm not all too familiar familiar with the brands - however a cheapo first guitar is a cheapo first guitar.I think 'Slammer' is the budget brand of Hamer, who makre respectable instruments.

In general there are some that are better (Yamaha, Squier) and some that are awful (Encore, anyone?) but on the whole it'll only act as the first step, so I wouldn't worry too much. The average price of the basics (guitar and cheap amp) is around £120-£220 (around $200 - $400 in the US). If you're buying that pack used you'll probably get an okay deal.
If you want to try new, I would probably recommend this combination:

Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112
Amp: Epiphone Valve Jr

A bit more pricey, but it'll save you money in the end as those are higher quality products, and will last you a lot longer....

Good luck
Last edited by kyle62 at Feb 26, 2008,
all beginners start with ****ty stuff buy it and get good then get a wicked nice rig. this looks good for a beginner. good luck with the crusade
Quote by kyle62
To be honest I'm not all too familiar familiar with the brands - however a cheapo first guitar is a cheapo first guitar.I think 'Slammer' is the budget brand of Hamer, who makre respectable instruments.

In general there are some that are better (Yamaha, Squier) and some that are awful (Encore, anyone?) but on the whole it'll only act as the first step, so I wouldn't worry too much. The average price of the basics (guitar and cheap amp) is around £120-£220 (around $200 - $400 in the US). If you're buying that pack used you'll probably get an okay deal.
If you want to try new, I would probably recommend this combination:

Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112
Amp: Epiphone Valve Jr

A bit more pricey, but it'll save you money in the end as those are higher quality products, and will last you a lot longer....

Good luck

thats the guitar I started on. I sold it a few years ago, and now i regret it... I want to frankenstien it...lol

also a very good beginner guitar. I had little to no problems with it.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Thanks for the good responses. I'm sure I will enjoy it, and just like most everything else, once I get started I will realize what is good and that there's plenty room to upgrade and get better things. I just really enjoy music and feel that I need to express it or play along with my favorite songs. I have no plan on becoming "good" or be in a band or anything. Again, thanks.