Page 1 of 3
is it bad that i can't play requiem(their easiest song) by Lamb of god after 4 months
piano and trombone was easy so why can't i do guitar
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
havnt heard the song but 4 months is not a long time, just keep practicing and remember to enjoy playing.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by BAoxymoron
is it bad that i can't play requiem(their easiest song) by Lamb of god after 4 months
piano and trombone was easy so why can't i do guitar

All three of those are completely different instruments, guitar takes completely different muscle processes from the others so just slow down; you're trying to run before you can walk.

4 months is not a long time at all so stop trying to learn that song and work on the basics of guitar technique: basic picking, chords, strumming and that kind of thing; it will come with time and practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Chordzzz
Aren't you that guy who's going for a $15k custom ESP?

it will be a year or two before i get it and then it will be another year before it will be finished.
i just haven't had that much trouble with other instruments. so i figured i would post it and see what others thought of it. I mean i know what sounds good i've been doing piano for 12 years, trombone for 6 years and running PAs for 5 years as well. i know what i like when it comes to sound and looks so i figured why wait.

besides 2-3 years from now is a long time.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
4 months and you're expecting to play Lamb of God? take it easy man, unless you're some kind of prodigy, there's a good chance you still aren't even picking completely smoothly yet. as it's been said, you need to take it slower and learn the basics. not only that, that song is in drop D, and even still, it doesn't actually sound that easy to play. learn to play in standard first and you'll avoid a lot of the distraction of alternate tunings.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
thx for the tips and confidence boost
-George Will

Also, I'd say Omerta is their easiest song, but I can't quite remember Requiem right now.
Quote by GoDrex
$15k as in $15,000? That's just ridiculous. I hope you mean $1500 hahaha.

custom shapes= really expensive but my friend was saying his cousin(owns Bmusic(a ESP dealer)) MAY be able to cut that down to 12,000 or so but your right it's expensive but it will look cool

and 1500 is jack **** for a musical instrument and 15000 isn't that bad:
my piano is worth:93,000
My trombone though is 16,000
and i also have vintage instruments that are worth a lot more
-George Will

Must be nice. Though for an electric guitar it's too much. You'll never convince me otherwise. You'd be stupid to play it. You should keep it in a ****ing glass case. Especially for someone that's talking about not being able to play that well. For that kind of money I hope you can **** it too.
in two years i hope to be playing that well

By the way does anyone know any beginner Speed Metal/Melodeath/Metalcore cuz i'm to lazy to make a new thread
-George Will

Work on the basics first like Zaphod said, and take it slow, or you will develop bad playing habits and it will take even longer to get as good as you want.
$1,500 is more than enough to buy a guitar that is top of the line in every way. If you have $12,000 to throw away for cosmetics, then more power to you. However don't be surprised though when it doesn't make you sound any better.
$15,000 guitar? your parents must spoil the **** out of you
my friends diezel herbert at least til i get my own
-George Will

Quote by Sinten
$15,000 guitar? your parents must spoil the **** out of you

yes they kinda do but that isn't the point i'm paying for this out of my money from my job
-George Will

Quote by diminishedtobme
What amp are you going to play your $15000 guitar through?

Marshall MG Halphstack!!!
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Sublime Stylee
$1,500 is more than enough to buy a guitar that is top of the line in every way. If you have $12,000 to throw away for cosmetics, then more power to you. However don't be surprised though when it doesn't make you sound any better.

i know it all boils down to skill but i like being a individual so it's worth it to me even if it doesn't improve my sound much(but it will help).
-George Will

are you trying to prove that your fatter than me
-George Will

Melodic death? Call me narrow minded, but wouldn't that be an oxymoron?
If you want melodic hard-rock style stuff, learn some Hammerfall.
It's easy, and it sounds cool. Should be quite doable for 4 months of playing, depending how you're progressing.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
I´m really confused. What in the world would make a guitar cost 15 grand? (im not trying to break ur balls, im just curious.)
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
custom shape and paint among other thing oh yeah i should mention this is in AUD not US cuz i'm getting out of austrailia here is the thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797402
although just reading it maybe i should do a small luthier
-George Will

15,000.00 AUD = 14,033.73 USD

thats still quite a hefty sum of money. If you ever get it make sure you post pictures of it on here.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by BAoxymoron
custom shapes= really expensive but my friend was saying his cousin(owns Bmusic(a ESP dealer)) MAY be able to cut that down to 12,000 or so but your right it's expensive but it will look cool

wow... your ignorant. sorry. iv played brass instruments for 10 years and i get great tone out of $1000 horns. hell my trumpet only cost $1100, far less then my $1800 guitar and $1900 keyboard. cost isnt any indication of how good the instrument sounds. a friend of mine painted his trumpet blue and added flames, looked badass, cost him about $40 and 2 hours of time. i hope to sell you a used car one day.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Last edited by Timeless at Feb 27, 2008,
the trombone was a little steep but i've never been happier with any other instrument
the PIANO(not keyboard) is a custom made piece of art that just happens to play amazing quality music and with both of them i get free repair and maintenance
-George Will

regardless i have changed my mind and decided to try out different luthiers right now i'm checking out ran guitars but i will check out any others anyone is willing to suggest
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
the trombone was a little steep but i've never been happier with any other instrument
the PIANO(not keyboard) is a custom made piece of art that just happens to play amazing quality music and with both of them i get free repair and maintenance

but who sees it? was it really worth it.. if youve got the money go ahead, but really? i could find a much better use for 15k, like paying off my truck or school loans. or even getting lessons.. which you may need seeing as your having so much difficulty learning guitar.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
Quote by Timeless
but who sees it? was it really worth it.. if youve got the money go ahead, but really? i could find a much better use for 15k, like paying off my truck or school loans. or even getting lessons.. which you may need seeing as your having so much difficulty learning guitar.

He's got a good point.
Get your self a basic guitar and amp, and get some lessons BEFORE planning a $15000 guitar.
Dreaming is healthy. Spending $15K on a guitar makes you look like a douche (if you can't play it for sh*t)
It's up to you, brother.

Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by BAoxymoron
i know it all boils down to skill but i like being a individual so it's worth it to me even if it doesn't improve my sound much(but it will help).

You're the individual whos gonna look like a jackass spending 15 gurr on a guitar and cant play. I could recommend plenty of guitars that would kick that crap out of what you're buying for that cash. Not to mention you need a good amp. And if you're willing to throw cash around for a guitar I want to see what kind of amp you'll buy to be an "individual".
Quote by Timeless
or even getting lessons.. which you may need seeing as your having so much difficulty learning guitar.

Holy Shi†!!! Thank you for just winning this thread!

Seriously though (actually that was serious. On topic maybe?), $15,000 on a guitar? Holy crap. 4 months. 15k. My mind ripped. And this is money from your own job? What are you, a teenage coke dealer? A 45-year-old living in their parent's basement? And this is after a 93k piano and 13k (or whatever) trombone? Wow. ƒuck. Um. ....

You're a rich snob. You like to be individual? HAH! ****, I'll spend 2 grand on a guitar and guarantee it'll play and sound better than yours ever will.
Listen to me man.... If you feel the need to spend 15k on a custom guitar, then do so... But let me tell you man.. The custom axe doesn't make you an individual... Style and technique makes an individual....

Also, it would suck if you got that custom 15k guitar and found out later on that a used MIA strat felt better to you than any other guitar you have...

Think about it man... There is all kinds of gear that you could apply that cheese to that would morese fulfill your experience of the electric guitar than an exotic axe..

give it some time... explore a bit before you lock yourself into that kind of investment.... Exploring and evolving your gear is part of the fun and learning
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by BAoxymoron

NIce way to stroke your e penor jerk you can buy a good guitar with 1500 dollars. Hell if you go used you can buy a good guitar and amp for that much.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
first off i'm not getting the guitar for another two or three years i just had made the thread to see what other people where dreaming about
second i am taking lessons
third i'm not a coke dealer i am a computer coder and a computer repairman among other high paying hobbies
fourth why are you'll being such a dick about it
/thread
-George Will

Everyone's being a dick because you aim to (in 2-3 years) to own well over $100,000 of gear.
Thats ****ing ridiculous, man.
What's the point?
For $15K, you could buy a NICE guitar, a very decent amp and probably some effects and recording gear.

You have a $93K piano, and now your just like "eh. been playing guitar for 4 months, **** it, i'll spend 15K on a guitar"

It's just stupid.
Get REALLY good.
THEN get a custom guitar.

Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Last edited by JaykeSucks at Feb 27, 2008,
Not tryin to be dicks man...

I'm sure most other people on here are like me.....

We develop 'relationships' with our instruments... We know that every guitar is unique in some form or fashion.. We kinda 'feel' out our instruments..

And basically I think that you're robbing yourself of that by investing that much into 1 guitar before you even know what you'll like when you can play, really develop and have an understanding of the instrument itself.....

It's kinda 'fadish'
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I have some friends who have been playing upwards of FIFTY YEARS and their guitars only cost maybe 1500-2000. I can't believe you would say "1500 is crap for a musical instrument and 15000 isn't that bad". With 100k, I'd get myself a nice Caparison Dellinger 7 ($3500~) some random MesaBoogie set up and recording gear. Then I'd put the rest into a car/university.

Did you fail money management in school?

EDIT: I'd invest that shi†, actually. WAY more profitable.
Quote by BAoxymoron
in two years i hope to be playing that well

By the way does anyone know any beginner Speed Metal/Melodeath/Metalcore cuz i'm to lazy to make a new thread

No, those genres by use advanced techniques therefore by definition there are no "beginner" songs.

Word of advice too, stop trying to impress people - whether you're really going to buy a 15k guitar or not nobody cares and all you do is bring grief upon yourself. Just stick to asking for advice on what to play and you'll be fine

Quote by BAoxymoron
first off i'm not getting the guitar for another two or three years i just had made the thread to see what other people where dreaming about
second i am taking lessons
third i'm not a coke dealer i am a computer coder and a computer repairman among other high paying hobbies
fourth why are you'll being such a dick about it
/thread

Again, enough with the BS - I've met a million hard done-to fat kids like you and making crap up on the internet is NOT the way to make your life better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 27, 2008,
Page 1 of 3