3 more months and for those of us who dont have rich parants to buy us the **** we want were ganna have to work hard on those McJobs to get it

some other guy mentioned what he was buying if i work hard enough ill probly make 3k and maybe more if i keep on working trough school

and i know exactly what im ganna do
im ganna buy a G and L telecaster and a Rockoverb 200 Orange amp mostlikely go used on the guitar but not the amp

if your ganna get a job and use your money for gear what do you plan on getting
its dosent have to be any thing fancy like me it could be a new pedal, pickups, string/neck cleaner whatever
great story! you're a winner.

EDIT::: sorry that was dick and my brother

im actually planning on buying one or two of these things by the time i graduate high school (year and a half left)

Fender Jaguar CIJ Red
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Orange Rockerverb 100 head with matching cab

i made a deal with my parents that if they pay for college they dont have to fund any of my musical needs. which in the long run is stupid for them. i think they were planning on paying for college anyway so maybe i lost. who knows.

keep in mind i bus tables a few times a week

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Feb 26, 2008,
are you f*king kidding me? a rockerverb 200?
talk about a waste of money.
Nobody has a use for 200 tube watts.
50 is more than enuough dude
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i dont know man it has a built in ateunator at it sounds pretty sweet
you could also switch it to 100 ive played one plenty at times at a local store
and you can manage to play it at room valume no ****ing kidding
nobody needs 200 watts or 100 really its just nice that its there
i just think its was a really good amp and im dead set on buying it either that or a vibrolux
two comletely diffrent amps but ill have plenty of time deciding before i even get the money
Last edited by purple tiger at Feb 26, 2008,
i thought it was the thunderverb 200?

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I'm thinking about buying a Gibson Thunderbird with the money I make this summer. It's a good looking and sounding bass. That and maybe another GK 4x10 so I don't get drowned out by the rest of the band like I do now.
Stephen @ Relapse

Fender Jaguar CIJ Red
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Orange Rockerverb 100 head with matching cab

interesting i didnt see the 100 at the store but if thats out there i much rather get that lower wattage

does it have a switch to bring it down to 50
I'ma get my dream guitar.
It's gonna start out as a
Fender American Strat Standard in black with maple neck
Then gonna get Dimarzio area 58 for neck and middle pups
And a Dimarzio 61 for the bridge.
then i'ma put it on a Black pickguard, so i'll have a sort of Gilmour black strat.
then i'ma change the knobs and switch tip to those green Dimarzio ones (they go to 11!)
And i'ma get green pickup covers for the Dimarzio pups.

Total: ~$1300
i dont think it has teh switch

but i'd prob get an orange tiny terror

just for kicks

also instead of the orange i may either get a marshall jcm 800 or a marshall silver jubilee head

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

I'm gonna go and buy either e Traynor Ycv40 or a orange rocker 30.

then I'll upgrade my strat with a graphite nut and bridge

and a Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge

then I'll buy some rockman stuff with whats left over.......

so like 1500- 2000
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i saved 2 grand over the summer (in AUS).

it was all in cash.

just got myself a nice.

it is such a nice feeling when you work for all your gear, that way you appreciate it ten times as much.
I'm going to buy a Schecter C-1 FR Hellrasier, but I have bills to pay first, the real world sucks, lets see, car insurance, about $1000 to the dentist as of now, probably going to cost me closer to $3000, no health or dental insurance, and I need to get my car fixed, so I have no idea how long it will take me to save up. I'm just glad I don't have my own place yet, I wouldn't be able to pay for it(I'm not trying to bitch or anything like that, just saying me saving up money=hard ).
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I don't know what in the hell jobs you people have, but when I was in high school there was no way I could have saved $3,000 in one summer. Maybe if I had not dirven my car or ever went out with my friends or did anything...

are you f*king kidding me? a rockerverb 200?
talk about a waste of money.
Nobody has a use for 200 tube watts.

The Thunderverb is a bass and guitar amp, which is why it runs at 200W iirc.

I'm going to buy a Schecter C-1 FR Hellrasier, but I have bills to pay first, the real world sucks, lets see, car insurance, about $1000 to the dentist as of now, probably going to cost me closer to $3000, no health or dental insurance, and I need to get my car fixed, so I have no idea how long it will take me to save up. I'm just glad I don't have my own place yet, I wouldn't be able to pay for it(I'm not trying to bitch or anything like that, just saying me saving up money=hard ).

Yeah welcome to the real world :-/

I pay about $600 in rent every month, another $150 worth of utilities and about $500 in student loan payments. I need a car but there's just no way I can afford upkeep and insurance so I have to beg rides off friends and take the bus/train/walk everywhere I go.

Thank god I don't have to pay for my health insurance, my Dad works for my Uncle who has a reaaalllly nice plan that I can stay on until I'm 26, so 3 more years of not worrying about that ****.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Sure, you could Get a Tunderverb 200 and a G&L Telecaster, for a few grand. Or, you can buy a MIM Fender Tele and a Peavey Classic 30 for less than a grand, and have money for the necessities of life that happen.

Really, saying "I'll work 40 hours a week, $8 an hour, all summer...****, I'm rich!" is childish.
Well, I plan on getting a MKIV/mesa 2x12 and a Dan Armstrong Plexi at the end of summer. Gonna be expensive, but Im still gonna have a nice bit of money left over for any other expenses life throws at me!