So I was looking to upgrade my amp after my next paycheck to a cheap tube amp. But I took a lot at some of them online and I noticed a lot of them have only a single volume knob and that's it.

How exactly am I supposed to mold my tone in terms of like EQ and gain with these types of amps?
What, like, no EQ knobs or anything? Just volume?
Hmm...probably a Behringer creation.

Look up Laney GH50L.

I'm a big fan of it, great sounding tube amp, simple to use, great, versatile tone.
And it's pretty damn loud.

Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by jam phan420
the high mids and low and gain knob?

Yea. I've seen a lot of tube amps without those knobs so I'm wondering how I can modify my tone without them.
Quote by TheBigNoobie
Yea. I've seen a lot of tube amps without those knobs so I'm wondering how I can modify my tone without them.

I've never seen one, personally.
Got a link?
You might be looking at a tube mic preamp or something...

But yea, some good, affordable options would be the ENGL Screamer, Laney GH50L, Peavey Valveking, or, a second-hand JCM800.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
I've never seen one, personally.
Got a link?

But yea, some good, affordable options would be the ENGL Screamer, Laney GH50L, Peavey Valveking, or, a second-hand JCM800.

-Jayke

If he's a kid, his paycheck it probaly about $200 bucks. So no shot.

He's looking at Fender Champ 600s, Valve Juniors...TS, you change your tone with your pick attack, your playing style and your guitars tone and volume knobs.
nah i say screw what these guy say and get a blackheart
problem solved
buy pedals along the way later on

i think the royal 8 has a gain knob and tone knob
Quote by the.spine.surfs
If he's a kid, his paycheck it probaly about $200 bucks. So no shot.

He's looking at Fender Champ 600s, Valve Juniors...TS, you change your tone with your pick attack, your playing style and your guitars tone and volume knobs.

Ah yea.
I thought he was going for a big ass stack or somethin'.

Well, the Valve Juniors aren't half bad, never played the Goldtone, and the Fender wasn't too bad either, depends on what you want.
Orange make some affordable little things, I think?

And yea, if you get one like that, invest in maybe the aforementioned Danelectro Fish n Chips and a nice OD pedal for a solo boost. That should give you plenty of scope in terms of sound.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks

-Jayke

What are you on about? There are plenty of valve amps out there with just a volume knob.

Anyway TS, I would suggest buying a 5w valve amp and adding an EQ pedal to your setup, although a Blackheart (like mine) would slightly negate the need for one straight away, as it has an EQ.
Quote by greggybhoy
What are you on about? There are plenty of valve amps out there with just a volume knob.

I'd never seen one before now.

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
like i said the tube amps out there with the most options are these

the Blackheart cost around 250 got a full EQ without gain

and the Royal Eight i think its about 200 im not sure, got gain and tone
Quote by purple tiger
nah i say screw what these guy say and get a blackheart
problem solved
buy pedals along the way later on

i think the royal 8 has a gain knob and tone knob

Am i wrong in thinking the royal 8 is a peavey not a blackheart?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

The Ibanez Valbee has knobs for EQ and gain too I think.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.