ok I was in a band called Rotten Control. We had a extremely lazy lead singer who never wrote any lyrics or even tried. He took over the band and kicked all the other members out of it: the drummer, the bassist, and me the guitarist. I feel a good chemistry with the other members and their still thinking about what to do next.

Also we play alot of punk themed music and I really want to expand our border musically so to speak. I think that we should because we considered doing some ska stuff so how should I break it to them. I've tuned to Drop-C and C# Standard also just to calm my taste for it and now I need it more I think.

So help me out y'all.
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Form a band with the drummer and bassist with a new singer. In punk, you don't need a good singer. Look at Johnny Rotten. So one of you three could be the singer.
i guess your right we had a song posted with another singer but I think we'll ask our bassist to cause he can. He doesn't have the anger though

Edit: Johnny Rotten, and the whole band lol
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Quote by Newdawn
i guess your right we had a song posted with another singer but I think we'll ask our bassist to cause he can. He doesn't have the anger though

Edit: Johnny Rotten, and the whole band lol

Actually the guitarist and drummer were relatively good after they practiced for a bit. Johnny Rotten even learned to sing with at least a small degree of proficiency. In punk, you need emotion. Your singer has to have the emotion in their voice a lot more than proficiency.
dont deny youre skankin' urges, embrace them Newdawn! EMBRACE!

anyway, yeah, get a new singer, stay with the other kicked out members, it should be okay, and the asshole that kicked you three out can be all alone and pathetic
I breathe air.
Ok I'll EMBRACE! Yeah I'm gonna talk to them. He never even told us it just said on myspace that the band "rid itself of poser members" and now theres two members.

Also hes been asking the logo stencil before this so i kinda saw it coming, but I'm thinking of breaking it iin a video because I did make it and send the pictures in a message

Time to get my mojo running again I guess. I've been too chill time and rip **** up and return to ass kicking as always.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by Newdawn
Ok I'll EMBRACE! Yeah I'm gonna talk to them. He never even told us it just said on myspace that the band "rid itself of poser members" and now theres two members.

Also hes been asking the logo stencil before this so i kinda saw it coming, but I'm thinking of breaking it iin a video because I did make it and send the pictures in a message

Time to get my mojo running again I guess. I've been too chill time and rip **** up and return to ass kicking as always.

Rock on man!
Good news
The band shirt is now an epitah Rest In Pieces Rotten Control 2007-2008
Died by axeman

Long Live Newdawn FUXK YEAH
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by Newdawn
Good news
The band shirt is now an epitah Rest In Pieces Rotten Control 2007-2008
Died by axeman

Long Live Newdawn FUXK YEAH

It's a massive shame you live in California. I would sing for you, I had the idea for Punk in drop C, with growling style vocals. And you sound awesome. Shame I'm a brit, and moving to Chicago.
I might move to arizona soon anyways but I want to leave an impact crater the size of the state before I leave and if I leave

Edit: Also I change tunings like I change socks... daily just ask my gf haha
Quote by nasstyman
^ damn straight and yeah Velvet Control time lol
Quote by nasstyman
yeah i was told that already in this thread lol but yeah I'm hell bent for destruction. But I still want to branch out in a way u know
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by Aramis
It's a massive shame you live in California. I would sing for you, I had the idea for Punk in drop C, with growling style vocals. And you sound awesome. Shame I'm a brit, and moving to Chicago.

I think they invented it in the 80's and called it hardcore.

Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
^ probably I'm not huge on punk. I listen but I want to be more diverse in music styles
Quote by nasstyman