Ok, whenever i see people bending strings, they usually bend the string towards themselves, like pushing the strings to them selves.

Is it ok if you bend it backwards and kinda pull the strings away from yourself?
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Generally you want to push the string in the direction away from the next string you will hit. For example if you want to play 3rd string 5th fret bend to 4th string 7th fret, you would bend the 3rd string down, but say you wanted to hit the 2nd string 6th fret after the 3rd string, you would bend the 3rd string upwards. This is for convenience.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
It does matter which way you bend, for instance you should bend the high e up and the low e down.

Malarkatron has a good tip too. Other than that, it doesn't really matter..
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
You bend whereever there's space - you can't physically bend the top 2 strings down very far as there's not enough fretboard, likewise you can't bend the bottom 2 strings upwards.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You bend whereever there's space - you can't physically bend the top 2 strings down very far as there's not enough fretboard, likewise you can't bend the bottom 2 strings upwards.

Precisely. I bend the bass strings down and the treble strings up.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1