Page 1 of 4
Who else thinks this place blows?
I mean the service is unfriendly, inpersonal and cold, the selection is kinda week and there are like two tube amps to use the rest are line 6's.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I do I just think that the gc there sucks and i wanna see what other san diegans opinion on the matter is.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
A lot of GC's suck, the East Coast is certainly no better. You find a few gem guitars and then a **** load of B.C. Rich, cheap Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, and GC is the Holy Grail jackpot for one of the worst guitars ever made, IMO, the Dean Razorbacks.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by hethamulburton
A lot of GC's suck, the East Coast is certainly no better. You find a few gem guitars and then a **** load of B.C. Rich, cheap Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson, and GC is the Holy Grail jackpot for one of the worst guitars ever made, IMO, the Dean Razorbacks.

Razorbacks are awesome IMO. The way Dean cashes in on a tragedy is far from it.
Quote by Aramis

I'll buy that.

I bought my american strat there, like 3 years ago, it was not that bad then...
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Quote by Aramis

Yeah, Dimesploitaion is horrible.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by hethamulburton

Yeha i find that at gc they stash the good models in the back.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by edge11
Yeha i find that at gc they stash the good models in the back.

They save it for their own enjoyment... bastards.

Quote by hethamulburton
They save it for their own enjoyment... bastards.

I know!!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Dude, which one? The one in La Mesa is full of crap with morons monitoring the isles. The one above Del Mar (where i live) has a better selection of amps, and the people were more friendly to my friends and I.

EDIT: This is coming from a guy who used to live on the East cost near the GC in Rockville MD. That place was......meh at best.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Dude, which one? The one in La Mesa is full of crap with morons monitoring the isles. The one above Del Mar (where i live) has a better selection of amps, and the people were more friendly to my friends and I.

EDIT: This is coming from a guy who used to live on the East cost near the GC in Rockville MD. That place was......meh at best.

YES THE ONE IN LA MESA BLOWS!!!!!! havent been to the other one, where is it? Do they carry mesa boogie?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Yeah the one in La Mesa is lame. I usually go there to try sumtin out, then i buy it online
cheaper.
Dude....Mesa? WTF, go to Gutiar Trader on Clairmont Mesa. I was just there with my buddy John they have ass-tons of Mesas laying everywhere; twins, fullstacks, heads, singles....they have more Mesa's than Marshalls.....yes, im not kidding. They sell used gear, PRS and much more than GC has to offer.

The GC that i prefer going to is in San Marcos, although its a bit of a hike. I dont mind, because you cant beat the selection. The only thing that the GC in La Mesa has that the San Marcos one doesnt is Petrucci's Music Man (which sucks imo). The one is San Marcos doesnt really carry Mesa Boogie. Lots of JSXs, EVHs, and marshall beginner amps.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Wait, have you been to the San Marcos one?

nope havent been to that one.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by FireandFlames
The one here in Phoenix has Mesas, Marshalls, Soldanos, and all that schnazz.

The one by 99th ave and McDowell, or the one by Metrocenter?
I haven't seen any mesa's in the new one, and I haven't been in the one by metro in a loooong time.

On topic: The one nearest to me is cool, the employees aren't total douchebags.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Ha...the little rock GC is awesome. ALL of the amps and guitars they have are out on the floor. Basically, if you can reach it, you can play with it. Last time I was there, I didn't see and line 6 SpiderII/III's , and only 1 MG. It's mostly awesome stuff. I played a high end Gibson Explorer last time I was there, through a Peavey Windsor. Amazing instrument. I've also played a Warrior 5 string bass, through an Ampeg SVT and matching 810. I just about jizzed myself. Honestly, there's a few low end things, but nothing worse than a squier strat, and there's not many of those at all. Generally if you see a strat or lp or p/j-bass, it's the real thing. They don't have Peavey guitars, though...

You should come to Arkansas
Nope, no sig here.
The Guitar Center in La Mesa is alright with me....not bad with service. Last time I went a few months ago, I was able to try any bass I wanted, and was able to return and exchange a pocket amp, no fuss. Even picked up a bass distortion for a decent price.

I much rather prefer the Guitar Trader in Clairemont, though. Better with one-on-one service, and it's generally not filled with nubcake guitarists deafening my ears. A few more exotic picks in there, too.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
The GCs here in chicagoland are mixed too. Loads of beginners wandering about but the selection for guitars is pretty well spread. Amps totally differ from place to place however.

I've also met a cast of characters working at GCs, but liked most of them.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
Yeah, the La Mesa GC really sucks gearwise and the employees are total assholes. Even so, I'm there at least once a week. The acoustic section is pretty good, and Ricky in accessories rules.

Actually, I remember going into Guitar Trader one time...and in their acoustic section, they had quite a few Taylor guitars in different flavors. I'll remember this moment for the rest of my life; sitting down, and trying each of these guitars. I remember being able to hear the slight nuances from the various woods each one was made from. Absolutely breathtaking. That was the day I fell in love with a Hawaiian Koa wood Taylor. Beautiful.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by graybass_20x6

I much rather prefer the Guitar Trader in Clairemont, though. Better with one-on-one service, and it's generally not filled with nubcake guitarists deafening my ears. A few more exotic picks in there, too.

You complete me.
My GC, in Milford, CT is completely awesome

Every employee is completely awesome. One dude even saved me 2 dollars just so I could finish off my gift card.

The only disadvantage is that there's this one cocky bluesman who is there EVERY week, and plays really damn loud. It's impossible to test a bass out because of where he sets up (the Fender amps he uses are right near the bass section). He's really good, though.

Also, they have loads of amps out, and not just f*cking Spiders and MGs(though, they do have loads of those).
Quote by The Madcap

He was referring to the one in SD. Stop being a little bitch. And to answer your question, yes, you are the only person. It was a good question to help him find what he needed.
Quote by The Madcap

It's a complaint about teh san diego gc*la mesa* to be exact.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by dogismycopilot
He was referring to the one in SD. Stop being a little bitch. And to answer your question, yes, you are the only person. It was a good question to help him find what he needed.
Oh, my bad. I didn't know that it was in San Diego (because I can't read)...even though that is a Guitar Center, too. Nor did I know that he needed to know whether or not people think it blows.
every guitar center blows
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I'm completely miserable San Diego.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
The one near where i live (towson, MD) is great they have a ton of gear and everyones willing to help you;I've never had a bad experience.
ED REED BABY
i dont find gc bad at all. a friend of mine asked them to order the sting-ray he wanted, and thats exactly what they did.
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by The Madcap

For that... you deserve to watch me devour an e-cookie before you... and I don't even share with you the crumbs.

Quote by dogismycopilot

I go to the one in Rockville. It probably has the second biggest selection Ive seen of guitars (a Sam Ash in North Carolina had more), and the amps are all pretty good. The service sucks when you're there by yourself and your a teenager, but have a parent with you, and they get you whatever you want. A lot of nice amps too.
*is a teen.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
well i went to GC on Washington State and they have a good service...

plus I bought my Shecter Synyster Custom..

wooohooo, i play it everyday
I love the Guitar Center in Raleigh, NC. Huge wall of nothing but Strat's, and the dudes there are chill and let you play anything. I go with my bandmates once every couple months (I live about an hour away), and I always play the SRV, John Mayer, American Deluxe, Clapton, everything they have there. The acoustic room is pretty okay too, we normally grab a few 12 strings and an acoustic bass and have a jam session, and no one bothers us.

Plus there's a Sam Ash right across the street whose employees we have befriended so we get super-extra-awesome treatment.
the one in Independence, Missouri does fine. It hasn't done me wrong, yet, but I do wish guitarcenter had just a little more to offer.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I wish they had......go with me on this....EVERTHING. I mean every amp, guitar (electric and acoustic), bass, strap, cable, pick, pedal, and more! I mean.....think about it. Have a million square ft warehouse with each floor for a different subject.

...I can dream.
Page 1 of 4