Ill of the Dead
in my profile...

I put this together after writing the initial riff on a nylon string in an alternate tuning.
This version is a bit long winded before it jams out at the end, but I was sorta happy with it. There's a lot about the lead ride I don't like, but it kinda works. And the drums are just one of the FL Studio 7 stock beats...
I am currently in the process of re-writing and re-arranging this one for a full band work up...

C4C yo
Ok, critting while listening :

I'm a big fan of dark music, the glockenspiel in the beginning is awesome, very dark and abstract, the synth choir fills up the whole recording, making it more dark and awesome.
All the synth work in that sounds very good. I like how it builds up onto the same melody riff.

I like the drum beat a lot, adds emotion to the song, I LOVE the fade out at 2:26 and when the guitars came in I have to admit, I got goosebumps man..

This is an awesome song, I don't say this a lot but it is !

C4C ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791057
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
type as i listen:

oh man the chorus is amazing, i love it

almost has a dark xmas feel to it :-D

i love the samples you use, and amazing note choice, very dark and creepy like you say

i like how it feels happy in some parts, then evil in some. the cymbals are perfect, i feel like there could be chimes in some part. the little techno drums did give it a very horror movie feel to it

oh man that xdive is amazing, when you just kick in the guitar, amazing.

the guitar seems sloppy in some parts, but really hits the emotional feel. the driving techno drums still work very well. sweet solo, gets nice and clean, and very good tone. still kind of kept to the melody.

overall, amazing, i loved the whole feel.

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798774
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by Necrolust
Ok, critting while listening :

I'm a big fan of dark music, the glockenspiel in the beginning is awesome, very dark and abstract, the synth choir fills up the whole recording, making it more dark and awesome.
All the synth work in that sounds very good. I like how it builds up onto the same melody riff.

I like the drum beat a lot, adds emotion to the song, I LOVE the fade out at 2:26 and when the guitars came in I have to admit, I got goosebumps man..

This is an awesome song, I don't say this a lot but it is !

C4C ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791057

I really appreciate that man. And goosebumps you say? That's all kinds of awesome!

Quote by The2abraxis
type as i listen:

oh man the chorus is amazing, i love it

almost has a dark xmas feel to it :-D

i love the samples you use, and amazing note choice, very dark and creepy like you say

i like how it feels happy in some parts, then evil in some. the cymbals are perfect, i feel like there could be chimes in some part. the little techno drums did give it a very horror movie feel to it

oh man that xdive is amazing, when you just kick in the guitar, amazing.

the guitar seems sloppy in some parts, but really hits the emotional feel. the driving techno drums still work very well. sweet solo, gets nice and clean, and very good tone. still kind of kept to the melody.

overall, amazing, i loved the whole feel.

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798774

Much appreciated as well man. Comparing it to a dark xmas is really cool. I had somebody the other day compare it to a "creepy-ass nutcracker".
And I totally hear the sloppy parts, lol. I usually improv different leads and/or rhythm until I get a cut that isn't totally fubar, and then just run with it until I can clean it up later, and that's what I did there.
Last edited by Haunted Boy at Feb 28, 2008,
very very good piece,
very haunting at the start,
then the great guitar solo,
then back to a really haunting
reminder at the end,
fair do's, I really enjoyed it,
C4C?
Gaz.
i really like this. very creepy.
if i had to give one crit, i would say dont fade out completely before the guitar comes in.
it just needs one of the synth lines maybe continuing.
other than that, nice one. i like it.

i think this would sound good as a filthy drumfunk drum and bass tune, but thats just me.
good job
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------