well earlier today while i was at school, my mom knocked over my strat, and she told me that it like, fell face down, i played it today and.....i dont really know if it sounds different or not, like it sounds like theres less....gain? coming out of it. i dunno, maybe its just my ears, but i dont think it sounds the way it use to. i looked at my pickups and I THINK the bridge pickup looks a bit different, like the pole pieces are like...in the pickup or something, i cant remember if they were like that when i got it installed but ill post some pics.....sorry if theyre crappy. but if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the crappy pics.

if you notice in this picture, the pole pieces arent as low as the ones in my pictures

My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
Last edited by guy66657 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by guy66657
well earlier today while i was at school, my mom knocked over my strat, and she told me that it like, fell face down, i played it today and.....i dont really know if it sounds different or not, like it sounds like theres less....gain? coming out of it. i dunno, maybe its just my ears, but i dont think it sounds the way it use to. i looked at my pickups and I THINK the bridge pickup looks a bit different, like the pole pieces are like...in the pickup or something, i cant remember if they were like that when i got it installed but ill post some pics.....sorry if theyre crappy. but if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the crappy pics.

I think we need some form of comparison to make a proper judgment.
heres a picture i got from musicians friend
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Play with the pole pieces, but i think it might be in your mind. Can't hurt to play with them, that's why those ones are screws.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
maybe, i mean, its not like the force of the fall would push the pole pieces back would it? ir like....the casing covering the pole pieces
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
well....what exactly would playing with the pole pieces do? like, if i use a screwdriver, is it possible to like...accidentally unscrew a pole piece?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps: