hey im looking at getting the Jackson ke3 kelly and it has a licensed f/rose in it. I have never played with a floyd before so just wondering if they are good enough to stay in tune. I live in australia so guitars are expensive the kelly is retailed at $1050 and any guitar with a OFR in it is out of my budget.
I've got a licensed in my Jackson DK-2, and I can't say I like it very much. Although, I haven't had extensive experience with OFR's or Ibanez Edge's.
their a pain when you have to change tunings or string size, but as long as you have a locking nut you'll do fine for staying in tune.
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
theyre great.. if you have a pro guitar tech and you're steve vai haha. Nah theyre good, but nowadays people think its some major amazing thing because of oall the metal bands out there. better to have a licensed one than a fake that's for sure.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Rumitup
hey im looking at getting the Jackson ke3 kelly and it has a licensed f/rose in it. I have never played with a floyd before so just wondering if they are good enough to stay in tune. I live in australia so guitars are expensive the kelly is retailed at $1050 and any guitar with a OFR in it is out of my budget.

OFR's are way better.

But I have a KE-3 myself, and I can say that it's pretty good for it's price. Although I blocked my trem now, I got bored of it.
Quote by COBHC_Slayer
Jackson LFR are pretty reliable these days now.

Just takes work and some know-how. I need new strings before I set mine up again. The bridge is all messed.
I bought my Jackson DR7-T about 6 months ago and it has a LFR. About the third day of playing it, my trem arm just fell off. I wasn't using it at the time It just randomly fell off in the middle of playing something. It wasn't like I could just screw it back on either, the whole thing just fell apart. I got it fixed and it's been fine since. I think I was screwing the trem arm on to tight. As far as staying in tune I have tested it out by abusing the strings a little bit with some big bends and dive bombs and the tuning didn't suffer at all.

Point being: they are delicate, don't over-stress the screws. They stay in tune very well through all kinds of abuse. So to ultimately answer your question, yes they are of good quality, but a noob like myself can manage to destroy it pretty easily.