Hi I'm looking to get my first amp and have it be for practice and playing in front of maybe 20 people in a room layer when I get better. I'm wondering which amp you think I should get based on the followin:

Its mainly for practice. I want it to last a while. I want effects which both have. I want it to have a good range and good tone. I want it to fit the type of music I will be playing.

I want to play classic rock such as led Zeppelin, cream, rolling stones and red hot chili peppers. I willmost likely be playing through a fender mim fat strat.

P.S. Please don't tell mejust to go try it. I will, I just want to have a good idea of what I want when I go there.
Vox. Also, the Cube 20 is bad, if you want a Cube, either Micro or 30 (or 60), but not 20 or 15.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Get the Vox AD15VT, it's more suited for that.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
i have the vox n i would say i really like it
i think u will b satisfied. but sometimes i wish it could push out a lil more distortion
but u said classic rock so i think u b ok
Vox.

And (not to the TS) unless you don't know how to move knobs on the amp, it can easily do metal on it, I really don't see how people can say the Vox doesn't have that much gain on it. They must be high or need so much gain to cover up their mistakes because they're not that great of a player.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i dont have much money so do you t hink it would be worth it to save for the vox? Also, which is more versatile and can play more different styles? Also which has better cleans?
The Vox is more versatile and is more geared towards people that play lower gain stuff, though it can get heavy as I've already said.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Vox.

And (not to the TS) unless you don't know how to move knobs on the amp, it can easily do metal on it, I really don't see how people can say the Vox doesn't have that much gain on it. They must be high or need so much gain to cover up their mistakes because they're not that great of a player.

The vox doesn't do metal well at all. I had one for a while and my micro cube does metal much better. But for clean the vox is very good indeed
Yeah the vox definatly has decent distortion as well as good cleans, the Vox is DEFINATLY a more classic rockish type of amp
ok the vox is sounding pretty good. The only thing that the cube is drawing me in with is the acoustic feature but does anyone know if that's any good? I guess I dont really need it though and I would rather go with an overall good amp
Quote by dzaerpoor
ok the vox is sounding pretty good. The only thing that the cube is drawing me in with is the acoustic feature but does anyone know if that's any good? I guess I dont really need it though and I would rather go with an overall good amp

Watch these videos of the micro cube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0qSf0mYO3R4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PcZ1iYSMwig
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ekhm5gauEvY
The Vox's cleans are really really good, all the amps on it are really, except UK 70's which is crap
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit