This is my shortlist, any comments or advice is very welcome.

The ESP F-50 Electric Guitar (Black, Black Hardware)

ESP F-50 Electric Guitar Features:

* Basswood body
* Maple neck
* Rosewood fretboard
* ESP LH-150 humbuckers
* 25-1/2" scale
* Model name inlay at the 12th fret
* Tune-o-matic and string-through body
* Chrome hardware
* 24 XJ Frets

The B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock Electric Guitar

B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock Electric Guitar Features:

* Agathis Body
* Hard Maple Neck
* Bolt-on Construction
* Rosewood Fingerboard
* Beast Headstock
* 25-1/2" Scale
* 24 Jumbo Frets
* Dot Inlays
* Chrome Hardware
* Sealed Diecast BCR Tuners
* Dual BCR Humbucker Pickups
* Wrap Around Style Bridge

Which guitar to choose? Price difference between them is irrelevent, any comments or adivce welcome.
Last edited by Epic_chef at Feb 27, 2008,
The ESP is my personal choice

I've had B.C. Rich's and i dislike them, it really depends on teh level of distortion you want out of them. I think the ESP delivers better distortion, and more respectable looks, as the Warlock is an overplayed symbol now-a-days. Also, no matter which, you gonna want to replace the pick-ups. The warlock has a fast neck, but so does the ESP and the string through body will get you a lot more sustain than the wrap-around removable bridge, which is annoying to restring
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
The ESP is my personal choice

I've had B.C. Rich's and i dislike them, it really depends on teh level of distortion you want out of them. I think the ESP delivers better distortion, and more respectable looks, as the Warlock is an overplayed symbol now-a-days. Also, no matter which, you gonna want to replace the pick-ups. The warlock has a fast neck, but so does the ESP and the string through body will get you a lot more sustain than the wrap-around removable bridge, which is annoying to restring

Well the ESP already has a string through body, so im leaning towards it, as far as the pickups go, what would you suggest.
I prefer the shape of the warlock compared with that ESP. As for how they sound, i'd imagine there isn't much between them
Quote by keychainsssss
I like the looks of the B.C Rich, but the ESP has better features

Everyone agree that the ESP has better features/sound?
I like the esp I have one infact and Make sure you get an 08 model*the previous year models have agathis and that is a bad tone wood* and teh forest shape is > the ugly ass warlock.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
well, that bc rich may be quite good for its price, but the tone probably isnt as good as the ESP f-50
with a pickup change on both of them the f-50 will still sound better - look at the body wood.
i have no clue what a wrap around bridge is so...
...ESP for sure

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I've owned that same B.C. Rich model. I didn't like it at all. It was very neck heavy when you tried to stand up with it. The tone of it wasn't that great either. I was, however, thoroughly impressed with the F-50. For the price, it's a very good guitar. The feeling of it was amazing. I was actually able to get a really nice tone with it too. I'd have to say go with the ESP.
BC Rich makes some spectacularly lust-worthy guitars, but that is the one farthest removed from them.
Save a few more bucks, and your options will open up. I eagerly await seven pages of people telling you to buy a Schecter.