ok, i had recently returned to australia from the states with a bunch of used pedals. one of them is a mxr m-108 ten band eq. since the power point in the us and australia are different, i went out and bought a universal power adaptor thing. so i plugged the ac adaptor for the mxr into the upn, and then to the power point. it works fine for about 20 seconds and then theres this noise and the pedal switches off and everything fails. i tried it at a different power point and it still doesnt it work. is my pedal screwed, or is it jsut the universal adaptor thing? im afraid to try my other pedals
if u bought it from the u.s it most likely came with a 110v adapter, aus power outlets are 240v.

u most likely fried it. go get it checked out though
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
if u bought it from the u.s it most likely came with a 110v adapter, aus power outlets are 240v.

u most likely fried it. go get it checked out though

LOL OMG that would be FRIED like a BBQ XD
Quote by myearshurt
its an american adaptor, but i used one of those universal adaptors (that has inputs for a whole range of international adaptors) for australia

I think thats your problem. Those universal adaptors dont actually change the voltage, just the inputs, so you probably fried the adapter you got with the pedal, not the pedal itself
but does the thing convert it from 110v to 240v? if not, then that's ur problem. does it say 110v on the adapter?

i've got that little adapter to convert from u.s plug to australian plug as well but it doesnt convert 110v to 240v.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
if its 240v then its probably not because of the adapter. not sure, go get it checked out
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer