I have been trying to learn pinch harmonics for quite a while now and have looked at lessons on youtube, here and on other guitar sites

I follow all their instructions and I still cant do it.

Any help or am i just destined never to play a pinch harmonic?
i was once in your position and like i just gradually learnt how to do it over time like it never just hit me, so yeh, just give it some time and yoiu'll get it soon enough.
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
When I first started learning pinch harmonics I just sat there for a few hours desperately trying to get that screechy sound. Once I got it a few times in a row, it just sort of went from there. I'm still not great now, but I can usually do it half decently when I want to.
Quote by birdy_9203
I have been trying to learn pinch harmonics for quite a while now and have looked at lessons on youtube, here and on other guitar sites

I follow all their instructions and I still cant do it.

Any help or am i just destined never to play a pinch harmonic?

Come on, you`ll do it!
think like this: string is attacked by your pick AND your thumb, instructions on youtube and such tells you that you pick with plectrum and then slitly touch with thumb (harmonic). if you think like to things to you will get problems, think of it as one motion and you will get. try do do it on the lighter gauges, my best piches are on the 3rd string (7th fret t.ex). The pick must no go too much out from the thumb.
Try it this way..

first pick the string then flick it with your knuckle of your ring finger of your picking hand. Try it in a few positions till you get a squeal.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
I found the easiest position to get a pinch when I was learning was the 11th/12th fret on the G string, but picking either right in front of my bridge pickup, or right in the middle of both my pickups. That's just me though.

Just don't forget, if you can hear a really faint pinch happening, trying changing the position where you're picking - it might make all the difference.
Wrong forum.... take it to basic techniques or something. Pinching is in no way advanced.