http://nai.nasa.gov/astrobio/astrobio_detail.cfm?ID=2744

Umm, yeah, drop this conspiracy.

I am really sorry that these crazy Nibiru claims have upset you. I don't want to keep answering these questions about Nibiru, but let me say once more as clearly as I can, for you and the other questioners: Nibiru does not exist. NASA has never discovered or detected Nibiru or anything remotely like it. The handful of dwarf planets that astronomers have discovered beyond Neptune are on stable orbits that will never come into the inner solar system, let alone threaten Earth. Nothing will happen in 2012. Nibiru is simply a fake, a hoax, the result of a small religious cult that is unfortunately scaring lots of people with totally false stories.

David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
31 January 2008

Shot down two in one night... keep 'em comin'
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Last edited by hethamulburton at Feb 27, 2008,
It's interesting that the Aztecs predicted the world to end in 2012 though, but I still don't believe this Nibiru fad.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It's interesting that the Aztecs predicted the world to end in 2012 though, but I still don't believe this Nibiru fad.

It was the Mayans, and it is simply the ending of an age. It was a celebrated time for the Mayans in their long count to live to see the coming of a new age. There's been 12, this is the 13th, if I remember correctly. The cataclysm is product of a few greedy businessmen looking to cash in on people's fears.

Quote by hethamulburton
It was the Mayans, and it is simply the ending of an age. It was a celebrated time for the Mayans in their long count to live to see the coming of a new age. There's been 12, this is the 13th, if I remember correctly. The cataclysm is product of a few greedy businessmen looking to cash in on people's fears.

I stand corrected ^^ It's all just to keep people in a constant state of fear, I mean, there's plenty of things that could end the world, we just keep getting reminded of it

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Every time someone predicts the end of the world, God pushes it back a little just for the fun of it.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I stand corrected ^^ It's all just to keep people in a constant state of fear, I mean, there's plenty of things that could end the world, we just keep getting reminded of it

Indeed. There's nothing in the Mayan texts used that says the world will end, and they even have dates after 2012. I only wish arson of all 2012 books was legal, while they sat on their bookstore shelves.

Quote by hethamulburton
Indeed. There's nothing in the Mayan texts used that says the world will end, and they even have dates after 2012. I only wish arson of all 2012 books was legal, while they sat on their bookstore shelves.

Why burn the books...

...when no one reads them anyway?
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Why burn the books...

...when no one reads them anyway?

Well, we already killed the trees, why not just have fun for a bit.

Yeah its funny because the date that was supposedly predicted for the world to end in 2012 is my best mates 21st birthday
hate to die on my birthday!
Co-Founder of the Jackson RR24 club. pm me or i buy peace for details

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads flying v
Richwood semi-acoustic
Soon to be customised Jackson Soloist copy
Roland Micro Cube
Roland Cube 60 (LOUD!!)
Zoom 505II effects pedal