Take this for example:
http://workfile.barnesandmullins.co.uk/images/content/6a8b748d-a5a9-455e-aa6e-d3d6f41dfdf0.jpg

It's an upgrade of my current guitar:
http://en.woodbrass.com/LAG+ELECTRIC+GUITAR+%3A+ARKANE+MATT+DESIGN+AM100+-+BLACK

which features 3 Dimarzios.

I installed EMG Hzs on my SG and they sound a bit odd. It's really hard to get a nice clean tone. The great thing about my current LAG guitar and it's DiMarzios is the versatality of the tones but will I lose this if I upgrade to one fitted with EMG Hzs?

Thanks!
You'll definitely lose the clean tones.. keep the DiMarzios.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Yeah, stick with the DiMarzios. I've heard nothing but bad things about the HZs.
I used to have the HZ''s they are horrible pickups. The DiMarzio's are much better.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i use the HZs in one of my gigging guitars and if im honest i dont have a problem with them, alot people jus say thier **** without playin them (not suggesting anything about anyone) but you know it does get abit annoyin as it puts someone off buyin a good piece of kit because of this fact that people slag them off when they dont have a clue...but i would say the HZ's arent a problem but mate dimarzios are ****in amazin so stick with em
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
i use the HZs in one of my gigging guitars and if im honest i dont have a problem with them, alot people jus say thier **** without playin them (not suggesting anything about anyone) but you know it does get abit annoyin as it puts someone off buyin a good piece of kit because of this fact that people slag them off when they dont have a clue...but i would say the HZ's arent a problem but mate dimarzios are ****in amazin so stick with em

Agreed, there is nothing wrong with them, they are perfectly good pickups but the DiMarzios are waay better
Manchester United
I had Hz's in my Ibanez before upgrading to a JB/Jazz set, and I was nothing but disappointed with the Hz's... There are plenty of other much better pickups to consider in my opinion...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by strings-N-stuff
HZ's are junk, go with the 81/85

Im not sure whether you know but HZs are passivesand 81/85 are active ..
Manchester United